Cornerstone not loading now I've updated theme

Hello @thrivewithfiona,

Thanks for updating the thread.

I loaded the bunch of pages in Cornerstone and I am not facing any issues while loading and editing the contents in Cornerstone.

Please inspect the Section or element and under Customize > Setup > Hide During Breakpoints you can see the buttons. On my end this is also working fine.

I have recorded a screencast, please take a look. Link shared in secure note.

A page designed using Cornerstone can’t be edited using other page builders like Gutenberg. Same logic applies other way around too, page designed using Gutenberg can’t be edited using Cornerstone.

We are still unable to replicate the problem you are facing. Having said as you are facing issues with Cornerstone, can you please let us know browser version that you are using?

Thanks.

@Prasant Hi Prasant,

I’ve tried all 3 browsers:

Chrome: neverending wheel
Google Chrome
Google Chrome is up to date
Version 65.0.3325.181 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Firefox: Get through to page but it’s blank and none of the sidebar buttons work
v 38.0.1

Safari: Won’t go in and just logs you out
Version 9.1.3 (9537.86.7.8)

My computer is an old iMac OS x 10.9.5 of which to my knowledge I haven’t had any changes.

I have checked all my plugin clashes.
installed and executed a cc cleaner
cleared my caches through the mac
turned off my wifi and rebooted and done a disk repair
I have no extensions on my chrome so as far as i can see haven’t any ad blockers.

Is there ANYTHING I can look at my end because this is a real issue for me as I run more than one x theme website and all of them are experiencing the same problem. I can’t see how I cannot have to change the whole websites if I need to update them aside from borrowing a computer (not practical) or changing theme and having to redo everything! I am very nervous!

1 Like

Hello @thrivewithfiona,

I am another staff checking in and I am using Mac 10.11.6. I do not encounter any issues in editing your pages.

You have mentioned that you are using an older Mac. Please make sure that you have the latest Chrome version (77.0.3865.90) and then test your site again. The Mac OS version should not matter and Cornerstone should work with any of the up to date browsers.

Please let us know how it goes.

My Mac says that I have the latest update (Google Chrome is up to date
Version 65.0.3325.181 (Official Build) (64-bit))

Do you mean uninstall mac and install a different version? How will that affect the computer?

Not sure why this is affecting all browsers though?

Thanks Fiona

Hi Fiona,

Since your Mac OS is old then it’s probably related to the features or resources that the multiple browsers are shared from. I’m not fully sure. And Chrome 65 is not the latest, but could be that it’s the max version that your Mac could handle since it’s old. Perhaps you could upgrade your Mac OS and test it?

The upgrade may affect all other software/apps installed in your machine so I recommend backing it up so you can restore to it later. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203981

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.