Cornerstone not loading all page

Good Evening, I have recently updated X and now “edit with Cornerstone” is not available on all my pages and I can see the CS content in the visual composer, strangely this is not the case with all my page

Hi @jamesuk12345,

Thank you for writing in, please do the following

• Ensure that Cornerstone is installed and activated.

• Clear all the site caches (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors. Please deactivate this caching features while we tackle this issue.

• Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If nothing works, please provide us login credentials in a secure note so we can take a closer look.

Cheers!

Hello @jamesuk12345,

I have logged in and checked the pages. Have you switched between editors in the mentioned pages? I asked because that is the only way the editor might be switched. You have it switched accidentally. Please continue clicking the “Edit in Cornerstone” tab and check the contents if it is still intact or the latests. You should have the last saved contents when switched back to Cornerstone editor again.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks for coming back, I don’t think so but the client did have access, I removed their access for now, when I edit with Cornerstone the sections are empty now

Hello @jamesuk12345,

Your clients may have accidentally switched the editor from Cornerstone to the default WordPress editor whichever is the active tab. If that happens, then it might corrupt the cornerstone data which is evident because the sections are empty now. You might need to revert back to your previous state of your site prior to any changes when Cornerstone is still loading. That is the only way you can get back to editing in Cornerstone. If that is too much of the hustle then the easiest way is to rebuild the pages from scratch. And do make sure to warn your clients about the issue so that they will not login and touch anything that might cause the same problems again and again.

Hope this helps.

Hi @jamesuk12345,

You can try page revisions.

If that doesn’t work try to contact your hosting provider and check if they have backups available for your site.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.