Cornerstone Error: "A conflict on front end of your site..."

= the new infrastructure doesn’t work.

Read through your forum. There are so many others having the SAME EXACT issues that I am having with your new “infrastructure.” You are turning a blind eye and refusing to see that there is a problem with the new cornerstone. I shouldn’t have to move my site to a new server or a new host because of a change you made in the cornerstone plugin. That is so unreasonable to ask of your customers. Can’t you see how terrible this is??? Please, I’m begging you, go back to the old cornerstone until you have worked out the problems with the new one. I’m so tired of being a guinea pig.

Hi there,

The recent update is a major update which has large-gap from its predecessor, especially with new features. And its environment could have a different effect than the older versions. For example, let’s say operating system, we can’t reason out that Windows 10 should work on Pentium 3 Machine because it was using the same Windows, just older. It’s just a sample and a reason why you should test it first :slight_smile:

With that, it became common and one of the practice to always test major updates in a staging site (a testing one) instead of directly applying that in a live site. All maintenance, major updates, redesign, are done in a separate environment to make sure it works before pushing it live. Even by updating Wordpress core should be done in staging since a lot of plugins and themes could break, hence, if you have a stable site and currently working then please test it first in a separate environment until all issues are iron out.

Plus, we can’t stop providing updates. It’s the only way user could get a copy of it for testing and for users starting from scratch and wishes to start with the latest version.

And the fact that we’re recommending to test it in a separate environment, we acknowledged that there are issues with the recent updates and your existing environment but we’re not sure how and which. So the second step is to test it out and compare it. We’re not turning blind eye, we’re more happy to see what’s going on so we could find permanent solutions :slight_smile:

Thanks for understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.