Cornerstone disappeared

Hi there,

since our last update cornerstone has disappeared. I can neither edit old pages or create new pages with cornerstone. I can only see code. Please could you advise. the site is www.estuaryclinic.co.uk

My setting user preferences are all set to always on and cache has been emptied. Thanks in advance

John

Hey John,

I just want to clarify on what you said:

Do you mean the Page post type is enabled in X > Settings > Permissions > General for the user level like Adminstrator? It could be that you’re using an Editor account and the Page post type is disabled for Editor user level.

If the page post type is enabled for all user level, a third-party plugin could be causing this because Cornerstone couldn’t be disabled apart from the permission settings. Please kindly test for a plugin conflict and let us know the result. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Only if you’ve verified the user permission and performed a third-party plugin conflict test and they don’t help, please give us WordPress Admin and cPanel access in a Secure Note.

Thanks.

Hello John,

Thanks for providing the information. I have logged in and did a test for plugin conflict. It seems that the Yoast SEO Premium plugin is generating a JS code and it prevents the Gutenberg, WPBakery and Cornerstone editor to appear in the editing screen. You may temporarily disable the plugin or contact the creators of the plugin and tell them about the issue.

Please check your site now.

Thanks for that, much appreciated. Sorry i thought I deactivated that when i was advised to look for conflicts. Strange my other site with cornerstone and yoast, dont have any conflict issues when active …maybe yoast plugin has become corrupted some how.
Thanks again!

You are most welcome John!
We’re glad we were able to help you out.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.