Cornerstone Builder Problem, stopped working

Hi guys,

Hope you are keeping well.

I’m having a major problem with a site I build about 3 years ago. Suddenly the cornerstone builder has stopped working and I’m getting this screen every time I click on it:

The site’s url is:

Summary

http://piranhabar.ie/

It’s currently on maintenance mode but I can privately give you the login details if it helps?

Any help would be really appreciated,

Hi @Barrychapman83,

Thank you for writing in and sorry to hear that you’re having that issue, commonly that issue happens if you have an incompatible versions of X, Cornerstone, and/or outdated version of Wordpress. Please make sure everything is up to date, X (7.2), Cornerstone (4.2), and Wordpress (5.3.2)

Updating Theme
Updating WordPress

Remember to clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

If the issue persists, please do testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Hi @friech,

Thanks so much forgetting back tom so quickly!

So it turns out that I’m using an older version of Wordpress (4.8.4) and it says that I’m up to date with the latest version. I contacted my website hosting provider to ask him to update to Wordpress (5.3.2) and he directed me to update my PHP. Does that make any sense to you? I mean, aren’t I looking to update my Wordpress version here, not my PHP? :thinking:

Hopefully updating wordpress with fix the problem.

Many thanks again for your help on this!

I have the same problem.

Hey @meridith,

Have you applied what Friech suggested? If so, please open a separate thread and give us WordPress Login details in a Secure Note.

Thanks.

Hi Christian,

Have you an idea if updating my php will help?

Cheers

Hi @Barrychapman83,

Yes, it does make sense, since the latest version of Wordpress requires PHP 7.3 or greater (WP Requirements). So its like a prerequisite, maybe you have a PHP 5.6 or lower that is why they suggest changing your PHP version first before updating your Wordpress.

But we are not the right support to assist you on that, please contact your hosting support on how to change the PHP version effectively.

Cheers!

Great, thanks Friech, much appreciated!

You’re always welcome @Barrychapman83!

Cheers.

Thanks @lely and @friech.

I was speaking with my website hosting company and it turns out that I need to manually update to wordpress 5.2, so I’ll let you know how that goes. In the meantime I’ve just noticed that since I’ve updated to the laatest version of x-theme, my social media icons are now boxes, see the attached image.

Any idea on why that might be happening?

Many thanks!

Hi @Barrychapman83,

Please make sure you update both X and Cornerstone to the latest versions. If you already have updated the X theme to the latest version. You can refer here for the latest version of X and Cornerstone.

Here’s a guide on Updating WordPress.

Important: Remember to clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.