Converted from X to Pro, registered license, but unable to install and activate

Hi there,

I have checked your FTP files and the Pro Child style.css file header was not updated.

I went ahead and edited it but I cannot fully verify through the admin section because the admin login you provided does not work.

Kindly try to check the template in the admin section and see if it is working fine now.

In case you are still having troubles, please provide us with the correct admin details.

Thank you.

Hi,

Apologies for late reply and wrong Admin info. Thank you for looking into this. I still see the following from dashboard:

Orlando

Hello There,

I have logged in and I am no longer seeing any of those errors. I have cleared your plugin cache by the way. It is best that you disable any caching plugin first and then do your site changes or switch themes. Caching plugins are best to enable when you are done building the site.

Please let us know how it goes.

Hi RueNei,

Thank you very much! I don’t see the errors anymore either. Was not aware that a caching plugin could make such a difference.

Just one more question…

Before changing over to Pro, I remember my active theme was X-Child. X Theme was inactive. This was because of the many woocommerce overrides, such as single-product.php and product-thumbnails.php.

I now notice Pro theme is active but Pro-Child theme is not active, and that the root folder “pro-child” contains those changes that were made when X-Child was running.

My question is…Do I need to activate Pro-Child?

It appears everything is running fine right now and I don’t see any woocommerce error alerts on the dashboard. After all the work that was put into getting it to this stage - I don’t want to break anything. Please advise.

Thanks,
Orlando

Hi Orlando,

You need only to activate the child theme if there is anything you are missing, like if you added some functions there to do a certain job and you need it now. Also feel free to switch between the child and parent theme any time, it’s fine.

Thanks.

Hi Alaa,

Thank you for the info. Much appreciated!

All looks good right now, so will leave it alone, but good to know I can switch between the two.

Orlando

Hi Orlando,

Yes that is right but please note that it is a good practice to have the child theme activated in case you will have to add some customization that involves editing the template files.

Cheers!

HI Jade,

Ok, thank you for that. Activated Pro-Child Theme. No errors…two thumbs up!

Appreciated,
Orlando

You’re welcome!
Thanks for letting us know that it has worked for you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.