With the 6.3.1 version of X Theme, all my content have lost their margins and everything butts up to the sides of the browser on both desktop and mobile. Using WPBakery Page Builder. Everything is updated to the latest versions.
Thanks for reaching out.
It’s not due to theme update, but due to WPBakery update. There is a default negative margin coming from the plugin’s stylesheet.
The only solution is adding zero margin to your added rows. And is this built from WPBakery or are you just adding its shortcode within the editor? Because the structure is seems not right, there should be content bands before rows, there are missing structures,
This was built from WPBakery, but you’re right. Looking at it, it’s all changed in the editor. I had content bands, and now they’re gone. I think I’ll just switch to Cornerstone. Strange.
Thanks for switching to Cornerstone. To know the reason why your page looks broken, please see Why do my Visual Composer rows and columns look broken after this update? in our latest Release Notes at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/release-notes-pro-2-3-x-6-3-cornerstone-3-3/44607. It’s under the FAQ section.
Now working with Cornerstone, there doesn’t seem to be an elegant way to add posts on a page. I don’t like the Classic Recent Posts element. Am I missing something?
At the moment, only Recent Posts element can be used to display posts in a page. If you do not like the design, you may use 3rd party plugin like Essential Grid or The Grid plugin and display post items using this plugins. You can install it by going to X > Validation > Extensions. To know more about this plugins, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/extension-essential-grid/68, https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/extension-the-grid/74
Hope this helps.
Yikes, this is even more trouble! Looks like Essential Grid doesn’t work well with Cornerstone. When I add it via Raw HTML or Content Box, I’m frozen from adding anything else onto the page. What is the point of offering these extensions if they’re proving to be incompatible with the theme they’re bundled with?
Please try adding the
Essential Grid shortcode to the text element instead.
If it still doesn’t work, please follow these steps:
- Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
- Go to X > Settings and click on the Clear Style Cache button.
- If you’re using a CDN(ex: CloudFlare), please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services. For the CloudFlare you also need to follow the steps below besides the developer mode: https://xthemetips.com/using-cloudflare-rocket-loader-with-x-pro-and-x5/928/1
- Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
- Switch to the parent theme to check if the issue persists.
- Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to
.htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
- Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.
Let us now how it goes!
- Not applicable
- Time consuming…
- I have no child themes
- Haven’t done this, will this really solve the problem I have?
- I’m at 256, which I’m pretty sure should be enough.
Though it does work just to add the shortcode in a text element. This has all been a big headache.
We’ve just released a new update (X 6.3.2 and Cornerstone 3.3.2) please update to that version.
Remember to clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.
And please use the Classic Essential Grid element when adding Essential Grid on the page instead of using the shortcode.
Hope it helps,
Thanks! So far so good.
Glad that we could be of a help
This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.