Cannot translate page in PRO

Hi,
I’ve been trying to translate this page for over an hour: http://www.mediana.com/2018/10/european-utility-week/
I translate it in Pro from italian to english by clicking the flags in the right bottom corner:

The first time I clicked on the english flag the pop-up window came out asking me if I want to copy content from italian and then translate it, I’ve done that and translated the whole page and Saved. I emptied the cache, exited the WP back-office and done everything possible in order to be sure that it is not mine problem but the english version continues to not show any content. I’ve even tried to re-transalte it independently but that doesn’t work either.
Can you help me figure ot where is the problem?

Thanks,
Anita

Hey Anita,

It sounds like the translated page does not save on your end also like in this thread. Would you mind trying what I’ve suggested in that thread?

Please also give us WordPress Admin and FTP access in a Secure Note so we could check your overall setup.

Thanks.

Hi Christian,
I’ve done everything possible with the caching but the problem persists.
I’ve deactivated all third party plugins.

Thanks,
Anita

I could not login with the credentials you’ve posted. We’ll test the issue in WordPress Admin and give further advice based on the issue we experience.

Thanks.

Hi,
sorry, I’ve put the wrong credentials of the password.
Try now.

Thanks,
Anita

Hi Anita,

It seems that your page is not saved for some reason, so there’s no way to recover your translated content.

However when editing the page, I see that I can add new content for the English translated page. Without adding all the content at once, I would suggest you to add some content and see if that works on your end.

Thanks!

Yes it works if you add it in the classic editor but once you go and try to edit it with the Pro everything disappears. So there is something “not connecting” between the Wpml and Pro when trying to translate the page in other languages.
I’ve created a self-standing page in english (not as a translation of the italian) and it works. But that is not the correct method.
Yes the translation in english is resulting as not saved even if i clicked hundreds of times on the “save” button.

Waiting for your feedback.

Thanks,
Anita

Hey Anita,

I deleted your current English translation so I could see what happens when you translate. I’ll post this in our issue tracker for deeper investigation. Would you mind copying your site to a staging server so we could troubleshoot without the risk of breaking your site. You can check out the link below to learn how to setup a staging server. Once setup, please give us WordPress Admin and FTP access to your staging site.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.