Cannot edit posts in Cornerstone (spinning wheel)

I cannot edit posts in Cornerstone. I just get the black Cornerstone box with a spinning circle inside. Nothing ever times out, it just keeps spinning. I’m using Safari. I had my host increase memory to 2048, increase execution to 900 seconds, and error logs don’t show anything interesting recently. I have updated WordPress, X, and all plugins. I’ve cleared caches. I’m at a loss. I saw another thread suggest going incognito, still no go. What should I do now? I can’t edit any posts in Cornerstone. :confused:

Hi @scratchmommy,

Thank you for writing in, I have checked your site, and I see both X and Cornerstone are not up to date, please update both to the latest versions (7.1.2 and 4.1.2 respectively)

Updating Your Themes and Plugins

Or maybe I am just seeing a cached version of your site as I see your site is under Cloudflare.

Remember to clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Hello. Everything was up to date and still is. I have cleared the caches. What else should I do? I was able to use Cornerstone in Chrome, still not Safari. I’m having other random issues, too and wonder if X has something to do with it?? Or Cloudflare, perhaps? Account password reset emails are being sent, people are having a difficult time leaving reviews (they “time out,” even though they are taking mere minutes). It all started with updates in X and Cornerstone. Thoughts?

Hi @scratchmommy,

Do you have any browser add-ons on Safari? Please try deactivating all your add-ons on Safari and clear its cache. There are cases that an add-ons cause a conflict with Cornerstone.

Yes, that is a major possibility, please clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors. Try putting the Cloudflare to development mode for a while (but don’t forget to purge its cache).

Purging cached resources from Cloudflare

If the issue persists, please provide us login credentials in a secure note so we can take a closer look.

Thanks,

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.