Bug (?): Product regular price not being pulled from a variable product

I’m building this shop and I noticed that the dynamic content {{dc:woocommerce:product_regular_price}} doesn’t work correctly when it’s a product with variations, it just pulls the sale price instead. I don’t know if this is exclusive to V6, I don’t remember to have a similar problem with old shops.

Red box: Simple product
Green box: Variable product

Yellow highlight: {{dc:woocommerce:product_price}}
Green highlight: {{dc:woocommerce:product_regular_price}}
Blue highlight: {{dc:woocommerce:product_sale_price}}

I double checked to see if regular/sale price are set to both variations, and they’re the same for both too, I didn’t check with variable prices yet. The regular price for the “green box product” should be 199 as it’s set in the variations price.

Hi @RDADALTE,

Thanks for reaching out.
There is an ongoing problem to show the Regular Price of the Variable Product using the Looper. I would suggest you go through the following thread and Alex’s comment on this.

https://theme.co/forum/t/display-variable-product-price-sale-and-not/90428/16

Thanks

Well that’s sad to hear. so this issue hasn’t been addressed since 2021?

Basically, it’s impossible (like, without heavy custom coding) to build a layout like this, with the regular and discounted price at the top in a product with variations? It’s one of the most used approaches for an online shop.

Hey @RDADALTE,

Please be advised that the following:

Yellow highlight: {{dc:woocommerce:product_price}}
Green highlight: {{dc:woocommerce:product_regular_price}}
Blue highlight: {{dc:woocommerce:product_sale_price}}

Displays the product prices only. It does not display the product variation prices. You will have to use the Add To Cart Form element because that is where the actual product variation price will display.

Best Regards.

I’m using the add to cart form on the product layout, but I was trying to build my own product card for the shop archive. But my “Add to cart form” still doesn’t show the price:

Hi @RDADALTE,

The Add to Cart Form element shows the Price once all the variations are selected, and this is a WordPress default functionality.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.