Buddypress comments don’t seem to be working on mobile

hi, eh searched the whole forum about my problem and the only post was 1 year ago about the same problem, themeco staff said as the last comment in that post: they would solve it in the next update, but that was 1 year ago … then, I made a new installation in an online domian and with logic I see that the problem is pro theme, because when I change the theme the button works without any problem.

the problem is that x-or-pro theme somehow blocks the buddypress comment button (this only happens with pro theme) IN ANY PHYSICAL SMARTPHONE (not computer)

please buddypress is a very large community and x-theme and pro-theme (themeco) we are also a very large community, most people use mobile phones more than computers, it is very important that users can comment from their smartphones, Please can you help me solve this problem, I have invested a lot of time and money in my project with themeco and buddypress and I would not like to change the theme and start from 0 … just because my members cannot comment on my website (on physical phones)

NOTE: I understand that it is not easy to do this code work, but more than 6 months ago they told me exactly the same thing about another problem and said they would solve it in the next update and it never happened. I had to pay someone else to solve my problem.

To do the test yourself, just install pro theme and buddypress on an online site and try to comment on buddypress on a PHYSICAL phone, or if you prefer to try on my website it’s fine. https://shopstorebitcoin.com/

please can you help me with this … thanks for your time and work.

1 Like

reference:

Hi Paleuia,

Thank you for writing in, I have take a look on that reference thread and the bug report on our issue tracker with regards to this and it has already been mark as fixed since last July. Please do the following:

• Ensure that you are fully up to date. WordPress, Theme, and Cornerstone (Version Compatibility)

• Clear all the site caches (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors. Please deactivate this caching features while we tackle this issue.

• Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes,

If the issue persists, please provide us login credentials in a secure note so we can take a closer look.

Cheers!

1 Like

Hi so i was the original person with this problem although i really respect you guys and the hard work you put in. i eventually had to give up waiting, the problem still persists on my site.

Although i’ve tried multiple times over the last year ill try to troubleshoot again and deactivate all plugins and see if just x pro with buddypress standing alone without any additional plugins has comment functionality on mobile.

The only difference could be that im actually using a smartphone to test the bug not a android simulator if that makes sense.

Also don’t confuse buddypress messaging with comments buddypress messaging works fine. Its the actual commenting on peoples personal activity streams.

So when you go to a persons buddypress profile page and they have a status update like they updated their profile picture or became friends with some one etc. There is the ability to comment on their status update/post.

Its this comment button that has not been working.

But ill run some tests and get back to you.

Many thanks.

Matt

1 Like

Hi @paleuia-nochitlakaj & @miserytomotivation,

Try adding this to the global JS.

(function($) {
$('.acomment-reply').on('touchstart', function() {
	$(this).closest('li').find('.ac-form').show();
});
})(jQuery);

I already added this in Paleuia’s staging site. Please check if it’s working alright now.

Thanks!

1 Like

ok it worked perfect, can you apply exactly the same for the REPLY button?

the comment button works perfectly fine, thank you very much for that.

here my screenshot:

Hello @paleuia-nochitlakaj,

You can update the JS code and use this:

(function($) {
  $('.acomment-reply').on('touchstart', function() {
    $(this).parents('.activity-comments').find('.ac-form').show();
  });
})(jQuery);

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Unfortunately, the REPLY button still does not work, here I leave a video where you can see that it is some incompatibility with PRO theme, in the video I change to another Wordpress theme and everything works fine. Here the video link:

:sleepy:

Hello Paleuia,

I have investigated the issue and I can confirm that this is a bug. I have already submitted this to our issue tracker so the developers will be made aware of it. Once they’ve fixed this, it will be updated and rolled out in the next update release cycle.

Please bear with us.

1 Like

thank you @RueNel for your time and work i’ll waiting, thanks :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Paleuia,

Just to let you know, there is no ETA for the fix and if there is a fix, it will be available as the next update of the theme.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.