Breadcrumbs in Pro!

Hi, i have been researching posts regarding breadcrumbs and Themeco Pro, and so far it appears that support for them is pretty limited in Pro (unless i am missing something) and the only breadcrumbs you can have are those available through the breadcrumb element.

I had been using Breadcrumb NavXT which had done a pretty good job, but since creating a custom header it appears i will not be able to use this plugin any longer nor would i be able to use any other plugin including woocommerce breadcrumbs.

If my research is correct i would like to know why Themeco has not made more provisions for the use of breadcrumbs seeing as they are a relatively important concept for a website and SEO, and also whether Themeco is planning on allowing the integration of breadcrumb plugins in the future that will interact with the custom header builder.

Kind Regards

Lee

Hey Lee,

The Breadcrumbs element is already good for a regular or common website structure and it has the Breadcrumbs Structured Data built-in.

If you need complex breadcrumbs structure though, yes, it’s limited in that sense. It might take a development cycle to plan what breadcrumb structures to support and the complexities that come with it.

Regretfully, we currently don’t have plans to do an integration with 3rd party breadcrumbs plugin but I’ll list this as a feature request.

For now, please check the customization guide provided by our core developer here Modify the breadcrumb element

Please just note that custom development is outside the scope of our product support. If you encounter issues with modifying the breadcrumbs, please consult with a 3rd party developer.

Thank you for understanding.

Thanks for the reply, It would be good to see breadcrumb plugin integration in the future so for now i will have to see if there is a work around with the Link you supplied maybe i will be able to make some of the changes i am looking for.

Glad that we could be of help.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.