Breadcrumbs Displaying Wrong Path (No Category)

Hi,

I added the Breadcrumbs element via our built layout but it seems that the breadcrumbs do not display the category.

For example, the attached page is linked to a category but it does not add the category URL in the breadcrumbs.

How do I fix this so that the path shows the category URL?

I checked out this post - Displaying category in breadcrumbs - and I tried implementing the code but it did nothing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Best regards,

Josh

Hello Joshua,

Thanks for writing in! Please be advised that the category will not display in the breadcrumbs by default. You may need to use the code given by Rad on this thread:

Please be advised that what you are trying to do is adding a feature to the breadcrumbs already and this is beyond the scope of our support.

Note: We are unable to provide support for customizations under our Support Policy. If you are unfamiliar with code and resolving potential conflicts, you may select our One service for further assistance.

Best Regards.

1 Like

Thanks but that code did not work, unfortunately. Could Cloudflare’s Firewall be blocking stuff like that? I wonder.

I completely understand and we will be getting One here soon.

For anyone else who has Yoast I just used the text element and pasted this shortcode [wpseo_breadcrumb] in the text field.

You can find more documentation on Yoast implementation instructions here - https://yoast.com/help/implement-wordpress-seo-breadcrumbs/

Thanks and regards

Hello Joshua,

I have rechecked the code and there is a typographical error. @Rad has pointed it out in his other responses. This strtolower( $crumb['label'] ) === 'blogs' part assume your blog home page has Blogs name which is based on actual post breadcrumb. In your case, you will need to change blogs to just only blog.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.