Blog Page Layout

Hi,

On my “News” (Blog) page I want to make the below changes:

1. Remove the image from the top of the page:
  2. Make the page full width - I have removed the widgets but it is still centered to the left.
  3. Remove the date
  4. Remove the author

Can you advise?

Hey Conor,

Currently, the changes you need would require overriding the theme’s design with CSS. I’ll show you the override CSS but please note that providing custom CSS is outside the scope of our support. It would serve only as a guide or as a starting point for you to override more areas of the single post page. We will not fix issues arising from the use of custom codes nor will we provide enhancements so you’ll need to learn CSS.

The following code is for points 1,3 and 4. For point 5, you will need to select Fullwidth in Theme Options > Layout and Design > Content Layout. This will remove the Sidebar in all pages of your site. There is no option to selectively enable a sidebar.

/* Hide Single Post Featured Image*/
.single-post .entry-featured {
    display: none;
}
/* Hide Author and Date in the Post Meta of the Renew Stack */
.single-post .p-meta span {
    display: none;
}
.single-post .p-meta span:last-child {
    display: inline-block;
}

If you notice in the above code, the selector starts with .single-post. That means target the single post. You can see that class in the HTML body tag if you use the browser’s element inspector.

In case you don’t want to learn CSS nor the browser tools, you need to hire a developer to override more areas of the theme where no option is offered.

It is important to note though that in the future, we will have a Layout Builder which will enable users to build their own single post and archive templates.

Hope that helps and thank you for understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.