Blog Page excerpt

Hello,
I’m using Pro with the child theme with the integrity stack. For some reason I can’t figure out how to get an excerpt to show up on my archive and blog pages. I have added manual excerpts into the posts. All settings have been set to show excerpts. I’ve modified the template files slightly but when I switch back to pro from child pro I have the same issue. Does integrity not display excerpts. I believe I saw an example of excerpts being displayed with another stack. Could I call that stack just for my archive and blog pages? If so which stack displays excerpts?

Hello Bob,

Thanks for writing in!

All of the stacks will display excerpts in the blog index and archives. Since you are using Integrity, you can check out the demo here:

You mention that you have modified some files in the parent Pro theme. This could be the cause of the issue. Please re install Pro theme or at least update it manually to make sure that there are no corrupt or modified files in the Pro theme. To know how to update Pro theme manually, please check this out:

Hope this helps.

I tried your suggestion of updating the theme. Didn’t change anything. Below is a screenshot of my blog page while Pro is the theme.

As you can see. It shows the Featured image, the title, and then the meta info. I’ve confirmed that the optional excerpt is filled in.

Hi Bob,

Please go to Pro > Theme Options > Blog then make sure that you have set a value in Excerpt Length.

If it is still not displaying any excerpt, please provide us with the admin access to your site in a Secure Note:

I pasted the secure login for our dev site above. Didn’t see the secure note after your latest response.

Hi Bob,

Thank you for the credentials, your posts are set to Link format, please change that to Standard.

Hope it helps, Cheers!
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.