Background Video Not Displaying and Solution

I have background video that was not displaying. I added the following to my function file and it works. I am not sure why though.

wp_deregister_script('wp-mediaelement');
wp_deregister_style('wp-mediaelement');

Hi Michael,

Thank you for writing in and glad that you sorted things out, would you mind providing us a step by step guide on how we can replicate the issue? so we can try to replicate it on our end and confirm if its a bug on our theme or not.

Did you just put your video as a section’s video background? Or are there other steps?

The code you show above is to remove the native WP mediaelement, so it’s also possible that your issue is a plugin conflict.

Cheers!

Thank you. Pretty straight forward. I added an mp4 with a poster image to the background of a section.

I did not toggle all the plugins because the website is live. I did toggle Toolset as it can conflict at times, but it was not culprit.

Hey Michael,

I couldn’t replicate the issue in any of my test sites so there could be something on your site causing the issue. Please copy your live site to a staging server and do the following basic troubleshooting steps.

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/docs/version-compatibility. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/docs/product-updates for more details.

2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

3. If you’re using a child theme, switch to the parent theme. This will quickly tell you if a custom code in your child theme is causing the issue.

4. If you have custom CSS and Javascript codes anywhere in your site, please temporarily remove all of them.

Only if none of that helps, please give us the following info in a Secure Note

• Staging WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

Thanks.

Thank you. Since this fixed it easily, I will see if it happens on another site before I dive to deep

if( !is_admin()){ 
	wp_deregister_script('wp-mediaelement');
	wp_deregister_style('wp-mediaelement');
}

Hi Michael,

Thanks for letting and us and glad to hear it’s sorted.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.