Anchor tags on One Page Navigation working in Safari but not Chrome, Firefox

The one page navigation is not working on the homepage template. It’s really bizarre that it works in Desktop and Mobile Safari but not Chrome + Firefox


Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

Have you tried removing the custom code too before testing? Like this

	$ ( document ).ready( function() {

		setTimeout ( function() {


			$(document).on('click', '.x-anchor.x-anchor-button[href*="#"]', function(e) {


				console.log( $(this).attr('href') );

				var hash = '#' + $(this).attr('href').split('#')[1];

				if ( hash == '#' ) return false;

				$('html, body').stop().animate({ scrollTop : $(hash).offset().top - 80 });

			} );

		}, 500 );


That turns off all events from the links.


Ahh I tried that when poking around the forums.

Took it out and it still doesn’t work.

Hi There,

Can you please post your login details in a secure note so that we can have a look on to the issue.
Mean while you can check for any third party plugin which may causing the issue or any corrupt CSS or JS.


Ok added one above. Thanks.

Hi There,

Please try removing X from wp-content/themes/ and re-installing X.

Also please update your plugins which our outdated.

If that does not help, please provide your FTP credentials in a secure note so we can take a closer look.

Thank you

Tried both.
Added FTP in a note, thank you.

Hi there,

Thank you for the information. I checked the website and unfortunately, The theme is not compatible with Toolset plugin and the way you added the homepage with the templateing system of that plugin does not work. I checked both Chrome and the Firefox, none of them work.

Please check the case by adding the page using the Cornerstone and disabling the Toolset plugin. As you seemed to already follow the steps below but do it with Cornerstone:

Thank you.

The navigation worked before with Toolset for several years on older X themes – this whole site was built using Toolset so it’s not something I can disable easy without reworking the whole site which I doubt my client will be happy with.

Thanks anyways.

Hey @junglemethod,

In this case, I’d recommend that you revert to the old X version or a working backup so your live site would be functional/operational. Then, copy your site to a staging server and test what @christopher.amirian had recommended and also do some further troubleshooting like switching to the parent theme. Also contact Toolset support. Maybe they could give some light on the issue. You can tell us your findings after that.


This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.