Adding Author Bio to Bottom of Posts

Is there any way I can add a picture and author bio of whoever wrote the post, onto the bottom of blog posts?

Hi Sharon,

Thank you for reaching out to us. You can make use of the Author shortcode (please see http://demo.theme.co/integrity-1/shortcodes/author/) and paste it at the bottom of each posts. If you’re using Cornerstone then you can use the Classic Author element.

Hope this helps!

Hi,

How do i use the classic author element to edit all blog posts? Will this do this every time without me having to do it manually? Thanks.

Hello Sharon,

You can add a custom PHP code so that you will no longer each of the post. The code will automatically add the author bio after the post contents. If you already have a child theme, please add the following code in your child theme’s functions.php file

// Author Bio below the post content - Single page only.
// =============================================================================

add_action( "x_after_the_content_end", "add_post_shortcode" );

function add_post_shortcode() {
    if( is_singular( 'post' ) ){
        echo do_shortcode('[author title="About the Author"]');
    }
}
// =============================================================================

We would love to know if this has worked for you. Thank you.

It worked! How do I make the author bio appear before my convertkit email form?
Also how do I make the author picture larger?

Hello Sharon,

Thanks for updating the thread. :slight_smile:

Please add following JS code under X > Theme Options > CSS:

(function($) {
	$('.single-post article').find('.x-author-box').insertAfter('.scroll-box');
})(jQuery);

Please add following CSS under X > Theme Options > CSS:

.x-author-box .avatar {
    width: auto !important;
}

1- I have found the proper CSS code selector using the Chrome browser Developer Toolbar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcFnnxfA70g

2- For the CSS code itself, I suggest that you get started with this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfoY53QXEnI

Thanks.

Hi I just tried it but it isn’t working for me. Any advice?

Hi Sharon,

Sorry for the typo, what Prasant mean is add the following JS code in Theme Options > JS

(function($) {
	$('.single-post article').find('.x-author-box').insertAfter('.scroll-box');
})(jQuery);

And this in Theme Options > CSS

.x-author-box .avatar {
    width: auto !important;
}

Thanks,

Thanks for the response, it looks like it still isnt’ totally positioned right as the pinterest picture comes after the bio: https://digitalnomadquest.com/how-i-bought-a-rental-property-at-22-years-old/ I wanted the bio to show after the whole post and before the form. Is there any way to do this? Also is there a way to make sure there is a line space before the author bio?

Hello Sharon,

I have removed the codes given by Prasant. I update the php code into this:

// Author Bio below the post content - Single page only.

add_action( "x_after_the_content_end", "add_post_shortcode", 5 );

function add_post_shortcode() {
    if( is_singular( 'post' ) ){
        echo do_shortcode('[author title="About the Author"]');
    }
}

The 5 in the code indicates the priority of the function from being run and display the output. And I also added this custom css to make sure that the bio will look much more fit to your design:

/* Author Bio */
.x-author-box .avatar {
    width: 120px;
}

.x-author-box .x-author-info {
    margin-left: 140px;
}

@media (max-width: 480px){
    .x-author-box .avatar {
        display: block;
        width: 100%;
        margin-bottom: 20px;
    }

.x-author-box .x-author-info {
        margin-left: 0;
    }

}

I have edited your user profile as well. I added the biographical info so that it will display in the author bio box.

Please check your page now.

Awesome thank you!

Our pleasure!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.