Add gap or padding a top of ethos blog page and single post pages

Thank you for your kind words and we’re glad we could help.

Cheers!

Hi guys,

Sorry i have just notice that on my pages where i have added a widget area and then a navigation item to that, that the links that i have visited get highlighted with a purple block background like the headings which i do not want. Can i stop this from happening. See the screenshot here:

thanks again.

Hey Chris,

You have this custom CSS in your Global CSS.

Please remove the highlighted selector.

Thanks.

Thanks @christian_y

Nearly there, its now leaving a top and bottom border around the visited items. Also the hover colour doesn’t work for the visited items but the rest of the links do. Here is what i am seeing at the moment:

Hi Chris,

Please add this CSS to your global custom CSS

.x-main .widget ul li, .x-main .widget ol li, .x-sidebar .widget ul li, .x-sidebar .widget ol li {
    border-color: #333333;
}
.x-main .widget ul li a:hover {
    color: #7767c3 !important;
}

Thanks!

Hi @Rad,

That semi worked in the fact that it made all the lines black but i want all the lines really light grey so i replaced the #333333 with #e3e3e3 but for some reason where i have visited the links, it still shows a darker line but i need them all light grey, see here:

very odd. Its only doing it in the widget element when i add navigation in there. On the normal widget menu in a sidebar its. So here is the page its not correct on which has the widget element: http://snhs.kirklees.sch.uk/parent-info/careers/about-our-careers-department/ and the normal sidebar (sidebar in layout) its fine: http://snhs.kirklees.sch.uk/news/

to see the site you need to look at the secure note where i mention changing the hosts file on your machine as the site isn’t live. Sorry to be a pain guys.

Hi Chris,

Please add this to Theme Options > CSS

.x-main .widget.widget_nav_menu .current-menu-item,
.x-main .widget ul li, .x-main .widget ol li,
.x-sidebar .widget ul li,
.x-sidebar .widget ol li  {
	border-color: #e3e3e3 !important;
}

Remember to clear your browser’s cache after this change.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Hi @friech, bingo! That did the trick. Thanks guys.

You’re most welcome Chris. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.