Navigation
This is archived content. Visit our new forum.

Tagged: 

• Author

wackynation
    Participant

I’ve set up some responsive text as h-responsive2 under settings, responsive text. I would like to be able to go back and change the text size. How do I access this please?

Joao

Hi There,

You can go to Settings > Responsive Text Again….Can you clarify the issue?

Thanks

wackynation
    Participant

It’s only showing up New Item 1 (as per screen capture) not the ones I set up. I’d assumed the h-responsive2 I set up would be there, so I could alter it.

Is this where it should show up. It might not have saved as a lot of the time recently that I press save one of your save words comes up but none of the changes gets saved.

Jade

Hi there,

Would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? To do this, you can make a post with the following info:

– Link to your site
    – WordPress Admin username / password

Don’t forget to select Set as private reply. This ensures your information is only visible to our staff.

wackynation
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Friech

Hi There,

Thank you for the credentials, but on what page you have setup the h-responsive2 responsive text? Please go back to that page and check the Settings > Responsive Text.

Responsive Text will only work/save on the page where you set it up.

Cheers!

wackynation
    Participant

Okay I didn’t realise that it needed to be changed on each page, but I’ve now got responsive text on this page, but when I try to alter the minimum and maximum sizes nothing happens. To test this I have put the minimum size to 70 and its still tiny when viewed on a mobile viewer.

http://wackynation.co.uk/wp3/?page_id=23&cornerstone=1

Friech

Hi There,

Actually the h-responsive3 and h-responsive2 responsive text on this page http://wackynation.co.uk/wp3/?page_id=23 is working on my end. Please see the clip below.

https://vid.me/e/ADkC

Try to clear your browser’s cache.

Thanks.

wackynation
    Participant

It’s weird this suddenly started working but ‘Lyme Slime 2K’ ‘Entertainment Zone’ ‘Fancy Dress’ and Event Report 2016 are all set as h-responsive2 but are coming up much smaller. Is there a reason for this?

Paul R

Hi,

You can adjust the size under your responsive text settings.

https://www.screencast.com/t/38oE2NJ9t

Options

selector: the selector used to target the text that you want to be responsive. Best use comes from adding a class to all text elements you want to alter, for example, “h-responsive” might be added to all headings you want to be responsive on a page. Next, you would simply write “.h-responsive” in this field (the included period denotes a class selection).
    compression: set any number from 0.1 on up. Adjust number to suit your needs.
    min_size: set a minimum font size in pixels for your heading if you so desire.
    max_size: set a maximum font size in pixels for your heading if you so desire.

Hope that helps.

wackynation
    Participant

Thanks yes this is what I have done, but the ‘Lyme Slime 2K’ ‘Entertainment Zone’ ‘Fancy Dress’ and Event Report 2016 h2 headers are not resizing the same as the other h2 header on the page ‘Participant reviews’

I wondered if there was a reason for this please?

Paul R

Hi,

The compression is based on the width of the container of your custom headline.

If one has full width container and the other has a small container, it will resize differently.

The solution would be to have a separate responsive settings for different container width.

Hope that makes sense.

wackynation
    Participant

Thanks this makes sense.

I am also struggling with how you make the paragraph text slightly larger than normal font size whilst being responsive too.

As you can see from the attached when I tried to use the same method as the header using the settings, responsive text, it creates huge spaces between the lines. What is the correct way to increase the size of the text only in one section of the page not the whole page please so that it is responsive when it is resized?

Rupok

Hi there,

If you are using Responsive Text for this as well then you need to adjust the min font size and max font size. You can control the line-height with some CSS for this :

.resp-p {
        line-height: 1.2;
    }

Replace resp-p with the responsive class you are using for that.

Cheers!

wackynation
    Participant

Great just about all done for the text and its looking good.

One final question google now asks for 16px as the standard size text and X theme has 14px as standard size. Is there a reason for this or would it make no difference if I changed the standard text size in the main customizer css.