Navigation
This is archived content. Visit our new forum.
  • Author

disraelyan
    Participant

Hi,

When creating a slider, I cannot create just one slide. A second duplicate slide appears. When I go to edit the slides, there is only one slide in the list.

How can I remove this duplicate slide?

Thank you.

Paula S

Hi Disraelyan,

Thanks for writing in.

That’s odd as it shouldn’t work like that 🙁 I’m sorry you’re having troubles with your slider but we’re here to help! Would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? To do this, you can make a post with the following info:

– Link to your site
    – WordPress Admin username / password
    – FTP credentials

Don’t forget to select Set as private reply. This ensures your information is only visible to our staff.

Kenrick C
    Participant

Did this ever get fixed? I’m on the latest everything and I’m having the same problem on my site as well: http://www.thetravellingtrader.co.uk/.

Right now you have to view the source to see the problem, but when I have youtube set to autoplay the second slide begins playing as well and will not stop even if you click on the first slide. In other words, you can pause the video on top, but the hidden one keeps rolling sound and all. Definitely a problem. If I didn’t want video sound, I wouldn’t care, but I want it to autoplay and be heard.

Friech

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! We’re not really getting many of this issue, in fact this is the first time I’ve encounter this. So this might not be a bug on the theme, it could be some other variables. Would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? To do this, you can make a post with the following info:

– Link to your site
    – WordPress Admin username / password
    – FTP credentials

Don’t forget to select Set as private reply. This ensures your information is only visible to our staff.

Cheers!

Kenrick C
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Friech

Hi There,

Thanks for the kind words! Please add the video as a video layer not as iframe. And configure it.

Hope it helps, Cheers! :)

Kenrick C
    Participant

That’s how I did it originally. The problem with doing it that way is that no matter what settings I use in there, the actual video doesn’t fill the container. Check it out: http://www.awesomescreenshot.com/image/28520/90de7e474558da9dcb971104ba677ce1.

I’ll also leave it with the settings you showed so you can see it live on my site http://www.thetravellingtrader.co.uk/

Why does using an iFrame cause that issue? If I embed using an iFrame anywhere else on a site it doesn’t create 2 instances. Take a look at the source with your suggested method and it still shows 2 duplicate slide instances.

Thanks

Kenrick C
    Participant

P.S. I’ve also tried loading the page on my 1080P 32 inch TV and the video still doesn’t fill the container (even though the player itself does fill the screen). When I did it with the iframe, the video filled the container (overflowed it really, but since the overflow was hidden it was fine). What I want to do is emulate the http://es.gopro.com/ website where their Youtube video fills that entire container perfectly, with sound and everything.

Christopher

Hi there,

Please try ‘background video’ option to make video full width.
    To do so please follow : theme.co/x/member/kb/sliders/.

Hope that helps.

Kenrick C
    Participant

No, that does not help. As I mentioned, I want the video sound to be heard and I also want to use YouTube as the player if possible. That tutorial doesn’t allow for either. I know this has to be possible because when I use the iframe embed instead of adding a video layer I am able to make it fill the container.

Please take a look again and offer me a solution that at the very least will allow my video’s sound to play while the video takes up the full screen.

Thanks.

Kenrick C
    Participant

UPDATE:

Duplicate double play issue has resolved itself with the change of video, not sure why. Maybe it was deleting the layer and starting over.

The only work around I found for making the video fill the container though was to manually put the dimensions (1920 X 1080 for full hd support on larger screens). This is not ideal as it stretches the video on normal laptop screens and makes the centered video text drop down. If I use the revolution slider settings of fullscreen and/or force cover, my video gives me black bars on the sides regardless of what video I choose from youtube.

Rad

Hi Kerick,

Glad it’s fixed now.

Black background from videos are normal due to aspect ratio and container differences. Like if the video is portrait and displayed to landscape player, then black background will appear on both sides. The best example are youtube videos, they automatically add black background to fill negative spaces rather than stretching the video which is more undesirable.

The best option is using background video.

Cheers!