Navigation
This is archived content. Visit our new forum.
  • Author

threeoten
    Participant

​Hi, I was wondering how I could go about making a custom size revolution slider in X. I am wanting it to span the max width of my boxed site but only be a couple hundred pixels in height. Is there a way to control the height?
    Thanks

Zeshan

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in!

You can achieve it directly from the Revolution Slider’s settings. You can select Custom under Main Slider Settings > Slider Layout (see: http://prntscr.com/5jntic) and specify your minimum slider’s height.

Hope this helps. 🙂

Thank you.

thepeachteaco
    Participant

This only changes the minimum height, correct? What if you want to change the maximum height?

John Ezra

Hi there,

Thanks for updating the thread! Height is mostly dictated by the size of the content, based on its width. Setting a minimum width would ensure that the height won’t go below. To set the maximum height, we’ll need to use CSS. Would you mind sharing your URL so we can take a look? Please let us know the height you would like to achieve and also which slider you are targeting. Thanks!

thepeachteaco
    Participant

thepeachteaco.com/photography

I am trying to target the slider at the top of the page, which I want to act as a single hero image. I’ll be using this concept for several pages, and I want it to look the same on each of them.

Darshana

Hi there,

Try adding the following CSS rule into your Customizer, Custom > CSS area and then you can try changing CSS property values to see if that matches your requirement.

.rev_slider .tp-bgimg.defaultimg {
        background-position: center center !important;
        max-height: 300px;
    }

Let us know how it goes.

thepeachteaco
    Participant

Unfortunately, this doesn’t do the trick. When I add this code and change the classes selected to a custom class I’ve added to the slide, it just makes the photo 300px, rather than making the slider 300px. This results in a gap between the bottom of the photo and the menu. See image attached.

Any other ideas I could try? I really want to figure this out.

Thanks.

Lely

Hello There,

Please also add this CSS:

.rev_slider_wrapper, .rev_slider, .tp-fullwidth-forcer, .rev_slider .tp-bgimg.defaultimg {
        max-height: 300px !important;

}

Hope this helps.

thepeachteaco
    Participant

This works great! Only question now is: how do I only target specific sliders to do this to? The classes we’re using now select every slider, it seems. I am using sliders on other pages as well, where I DON’T want this to take effect.

Thanks.

Zeshan

Hi there,

Do you want this change for blog/photography page only? If so, you can use this CSS code instead:

.blog .rev_slider_wrapper, .blog .rev_slider, .blog .tp-fullwidth-forcer, .blog .rev_slider .tp-bgimg.defaultimg {
    }

Hope this helps. 🙂

Thank you!

thepeachteaco
    Participant

The change will happen on multiple pages, but not on all. I need to somehow be able to select those that are needing to be 300px separately from those that do not.

Lely

Hello There,

You can use page id like below:

.blog .rev_slider_wrapper,
    .blog .rev_slider,
    .blog .tp-fullwidth-forcer,
    .blog .rev_slider .tp-bgimg.defaultimg,
    .page-id-2 .rev_slider_wrapper,
    .page-id-2 .rev_slider,
    .page-id-2 .tp-fullwidth-forcer,
    .page-id-2 .rev_slider .tp-bgimg.defaultimg {
    }

Above CSS will work for blog page http://thepeachteaco.com/photography/ and then .page-id-2 for http://thepeachteaco.com/about/. To locate page id please check this:https://community.theme.co/kb/how-to-locate-post-ids/ just go to Pages > All Pages.

Hope this helps.