Navigation
This is archived content. Visit our new forum.

Tagged: 

• Author

Ben R
    Participant

Hi

My current website (http://www.welbeckroadchurch.org.uk/resources/sermons-2/) has the posts appearing without any addition information which viewers would find useful, such as Topic of sermon, Author, Date ect

I would like to have some custom details showing up on beneath the portfolio item like those appearing on the folllowing website. http://www.desiringgod.org/messages

Would you be able to advise how I could go about doing this.

Many Thanks

Ben

Rupok

Hi Ben,

Thanks for writing in! The portfolio template design will vary stack to stack. Since the Portfolio template uses special template so you can’t directly change the content of this page. However you can build your Custom Portfolio page using Essential Grid or The Grid where you will get such controls to add contents.

Hope this makes sense.

Ben R
    Participant

Hi

Could you please explain further how I would go about getting “Essential Grid” or “The Grid”.

Ben

Darshana

Hi there,

Here’s an alternative way to show your custom fields in your portfolio page. I see that you’re using Integrity stack. First please go through this article on how to use ACF Pro to add your custom fields (https://community.theme.co/kb/integrated-plugins-acf-pro/).

Because this requires a template change, I’d advise that you setup a child theme. This allows you to make code changes that won’t be overwritten when an X update is released. After your child theme is setup, please review how we recommend making template changes in Customization Best Practices.

Then you can copy the file content-portfolio.php which is located under “x/framework/views/integrity/” into your child theme’s respective location “x-child/framework/views/integrity/”.

Then you can edit the file and add your custom fields. Locate the following comment (<!-- Add Your Custom Fields Here -->) in the below code and replace it with your custom fields.

<?php

// =============================================================================
    // VIEWS/INTEGRITY/CONTENT-PORTFOLIO.PHP
    // -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    // Portfolio post output for Integrity.
    // =============================================================================

$archive_share = x_get_option( 'x_integrity_portfolio_archive_post_sharing_enable' );

?>

<article id="post-<?php the_ID(); ?>" <?php post_class(); ?>>
      <div class="entry-featured">
        <?php x_portfolio_item_featured_content(); ?>
      </div>
      <div class="entry-wrap cf">

<?php if ( x_is_portfolio_item() ) : ?>

<div class="entry-info">
            <header class="entry-header">
              <h1 class="entry-title entry-title-portfolio"><?php the_title(); ?></h1>
              <?php x_integrity_entry_meta(); ?>
            </header>
            <?php x_get_view( 'global', '_content', 'the-content' ); ?>
          </div>
          <div class="entry-extra">
            <?php x_portfolio_item_tags(); ?>
            <?php x_portfolio_item_project_link(); ?>
            <?php x_portfolio_item_social(); ?>
          </div>

<?php else : ?>

<header class="entry-header">
            <h2 class="entry-title entry-title-portfolio">
              <a href="<?php the_permalink(); ?>" title="<?php echo esc_attr( sprintf( __( 'Permalink to: "%s"', '__x__' ), the_title_attribute( 'echo=0' ) ) ); ?>"><?php x_the_alternate_title(); ?></a>
            </h2>
            <?php if ( $archive_share == '1' ) : ?>
              <?php x_portfolio_item_social(); ?>
            <?php endif; ?>
            <!-- Add Your Custom Fields Here -->
          </header>

<?php endif; ?>

</div>
    </article>

Hope that helps.