Navigation
This is archived content. Visit our new forum.
  • Author

Jeypolitan
    Participant

Hi!

First of all, thank you for making such a great theme! I just bought it and I love its features so much already. There are a few things I would like to change on my page, however. I have read in the forum for the solutions of the things I’d like to change, and in a lot of them, people state “replace this in your functions.php folder with this *x*” and “add this to your index.css“. Ok, so, where do I do that? How do I replace or change my .php files, and my .css files? I am using the X child theme.

Things I would like to change:
    #1 Title and post meta above my featured image. For the blog, I use Integrity.

#2 I’d like my social icons to be on the right-hand side inside my navbar, not in my top bar.

#3 To change the font of my post titles + navbar titles (I read that this should be in my customiser under typography, but in version 4.1.0, it is not there?

#4 Display thumbnails for the submenu’s inside my navbar (e.g. for the different categories; the thumbnail can be my featured image?)

#5 Display how many comments a post has underneath the post title.

I would really appreciate the help, thank you!!

Jeypolitan
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Christopher

Hi there,

#1 Please add the following code in Customize -> Custom -> JavaScript :

jQuery('.entry-header').each(function() {
     jQuery(this).closest('.post').prepend(jQuery(this));
    });

#2 Because this requires a template change, I’d advise that you setup a child theme. This allows you to make code changes that won’t be overwritten when an X update is released. After your child theme is setup, please review how we recommend making template changes in Customization Best Practices.

Copy _navbar.php from framework/views/global and put it in the same path inside child theme, replace existingg code with the following :

<?php

// =============================================================================
    // VIEWS/GLOBAL/_NAVBAR.PHP
    // -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    // Outputs the navbar.
    // =============================================================================

$navbar_position = x_get_navbar_positioning();
    $logo_nav_layout = x_get_logo_navigation_layout();
    $is_one_page_nav = x_is_one_page_navigation();

?>

<?php if ( ( $navbar_position == 'static-top' || $navbar_position == 'fixed-top' || $is_one_page_nav ) && $logo_nav_layout == 'stacked' ) : ?>

<div class="x-logobar">
        <div class="x-logobar-inner">
          <div class="x-container max width">
            <?php x_get_view( 'global', '_brand' ); ?>
          </div>
        </div>
      </div>

<div class="x-navbar-wrap">
        <div class="<?php x_navbar_class(); ?>">
          <div class="x-navbar-inner">
              <?php x_get_view( 'global', '_nav', 'primary' ); ?>
              <?php x_social_global(); ?>
            </div>
          </div>
        </div>
      </div>

<?php else : ?>

<div class="x-navbar-wrap">
        <div class="<?php x_navbar_class(); ?>">
          <div class="x-navbar-inner">
              <?php x_get_view( 'global', '_brand' ); ?>
              <?php x_get_view( 'global', '_nav', 'primary' ); ?>
              <?php x_social_global(); ?>
            </div>
          </div>
        </div>
      </div>

<?php endif; ?>

Add this CSS too:

.x-navbar .x-social-global a {
        font-size: 25px;
        margin-right: 5px;
        margin-left: 5px;
    }
    .x-navbar .x-social-global{
    float:right;
    }

#3 Please enable ‘custom fonts’ from Customize -> Typography, then change navbar and heading font.

#4 Regretfully this isn’t a feature offered by X. It could be possible with custom development, but this would be outside the scope of support we can offer. You may wish to consult a developer to assist you with this. X is quite extensible with child themes, so there are plenty of possibilities.

#5 This option is available, see the first post in this page : http://theme.co/x/demo/integrity/2/blog/

Hope it helps.

Jeypolitan
    Participant

Thank you so much for your answer! ๐Ÿ™‚

There is just one thing I don’t understand. In your reply above, you sent me a link on “Customization Best Practices”, and there it tells me that Views for X are stored in the following directory: /framework/views/. That is exactly what I don’t understand, where do I find this directory? How do I change it? How do I copy _navbar.php from framework/views/global into the same path of the child theme? (I see that I have this folder in my x-theme stored on my computer when I downloaded it, but if I change anything in those files, nothing changes on my blog?)

Do I do this from my wordpress page, or do I need a third-party platform to do this?

Christopher

Hi there,

Please connect to FTP account (Ask for FTP credentials from your host provider), and go to root directory/ wp-content/themes/x/framework/view/global, find and copy _navbar.php file, put it in the same path inside child theme (root directory/wp-content/themes/x-child/framework/view/global) and follow the steps in previous replay.

Hope it helps.

Jeypolitan
    Participant

Thank you so much! That did the trick ๐Ÿ™‚

As you can see in my navbar, my drop-down menu is not working correctly.
    #1 Once you hover over the drop-down, the sub-menu is halfway up inside the navbar (it’s located too high).
    #2 The colour is still white, meanwhile I would want it the same colour as my navbar, which is black.

Could you advice me on how to change this please?

Also on your (#5) above this post in your first reply, you sent a link to a demo where you can see “3 comments” inside the post meta instead of “leave a reply”. How do I get my posts to show this? To show the amount of comments instead of “leave a reply”?

Thai

Hi There,

Upon checking your website, I can see that it’s under construction.

Would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look?

Donโ€™t forget to select Set as a private reply. This ensures your information is only visible to our staff.

Thanks.

Jeypolitan
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Jeypolitan
    Participant

Also, meanwhile you are on my page, can you please check why my Disqus is unable to load? I have tried fixing it and troubleshooting, but nothing is working.. Thank you!

Thai

Hi There,

#1 Once you hover over the drop-down, the sub-menu is halfway up inside the navbar (itโ€™s located too high).
    #2 The colour is still white, meanwhile I would want it the same colour as my navbar, which is black.

Try adding following CSS under Appearance > Customize > Custom > CSS:

.desktop .sub-menu {
        background-color: #000;
    }
    .masthead-stacked .x-navbar .desktop .sub-menu {
        top: 38px;
        border-radius: 0 0 4px 4px;
    }

Also, meanwhile you are on my page, can you please check why my Disqus is unable to load? I have tried fixing it and troubleshooting, but nothing is working.. Thank you!

Please try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If itโ€™s fixed, youโ€™ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes!

Jeypolitan
    Participant

Fantastic, thank you! That sorted out my navbar ๐Ÿ™‚
    I deactivated all my 3rd party plugins, and the problem is stil here.. I noticed that I am unable to deactivate Cornerstone though, so meanwhile all the plugins are deactivated, and the problem remains with Disqus; Cornerstone is still active as deactivating it is not working? Could that be the problem?

Jeypolitan
    Participant

It’s ok, I got it to work. Apparently I had to register in disqus.com in order to make it work ๐Ÿ™‚

Sorry for all the questions, there’s just one more thing I’d like to know. I love that in Ethos, you can have a slider with random/featured posts on the front page. I also love that you can have a post carousel. However, I prefer the post layout of Integrity (as it keeps a huge featured image and the text underneath).

What I want for my page is exactly a slider with random/featured posts (or the post carousel/like Ethos), and the posts layout be exactly with a large featured image and text underneath (like Integrity). Is there a way that I can get it like that?

Thai

Hi There,

Regretfully, each stack has its own layout and we can not customize it easily also the option needs to be added to customizer to makes it work, which is only available in ethos stack.

Thank you for understanding!