Navigation
This is archived content. Visit our new forum.
  • Author

bradmaclean
    Participant

FontAwesome issue… Font/icons are not showing up when viewed through Internet Explorer (IE11) browser. Via this community, I found an article that might address this problem (see below) but it requires some configuration adjustments on the hosting server. Before I go done this path, wanted to see (1) if I’m on the right path to solve this specific problem, (2) whether others have faced something similar and solved it via this solution or another one? Would love to learn from others to avoid risk of stumbling through this, if possible. Thank you so much in advance.

Cheers!
    Brad

https://community.theme.co/kb/solutions-to-potential-setup-issues-font-awesome/

Rue Nel

Hello Brad,

Thanks for writing in! The article your pointed out is very much helpful if the Font/icons is not showing in all browsers. Since you have mentioned that it only occurred in IE11, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials, if necessary, so we can take a closer look? This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation. Once you have provided us with your URL, we will be happy to assist you with everything.

To do this, you can make a post with the following info:
    – Link to your site

– WordPress Admin username / password (only if necessary)

Don’t forget to select Set as private reply. This ensures your information is only visible to our staff.

Thank you.

bradmaclean
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

bradmaclean
    Participant

Enabled CORS with help of Wp Engine technician (see screenshots attached). This did not fix the issue on the windows 7/IE11 laptop I’m using to test. I cleared cache but icons still not showing up in header, footer or across the site. What’s strange is when I use browserstack and test with same OS and Browser, it works fine. Based on my limited testing device population, It seems to be isolated to this laptop and IE browser. Icons are not showing up and Ralway font is not rendering in my revolution slider. any ideas? thanks!

Brad

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Rad

Hi there,

I checked on my IE and icons are working. It could be cache issue from your end, or specific to your IE. Have you tried different compatibility mode of your IE (press F12, then Emulate, then choose document mode)?

Thanks!