Navigation
This is archived content. Visit our new forum.
  • Author

ayatango
    Participant

Hi,

I’m using X for jubiloso.net, a multisite instalation (and X is network enabled). Every time I try to upload or update a plugin or update the theme, an error message appears:
    Warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/jubiloso/public_html/wp-content/themes/index.php/style.css) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/jubiloso:/usr/lib/php:/usr/php4/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/php4/lib/php:/tmp) in /home/jubiloso/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-theme.php on line 217

As I can see, there is a try to write or read a folder that doesn’t exists: /home/jubiloso/public_html/wp-content/themes/index.php/style.css – and index.php is a file, not a folder.

It could be a problem in the setting of the path to the theme, but we don’t know where this path is saved. Or maybe it’s something else…

The sites in the network works fine… but this error message is annoying and very strange for me.

Could you help me, please?

Andrei

Rad

Hi Andrei,

Thanks for writing in.

There is no such as theme path settings. All paths set set by wordpress relative to the theme folder.

If you check, /wp-content/themes/index.php/style.css X theme is not even included from the path. It could be that your wordpress treat index.php as a theme too.

How about removing it?

Thanks!