Navigation
This is archived content. Visit our new forum.
  • Author

unjourjirai
    Participant

Hello ! First, thank you for your theme, it’s amazing all the things we can do with it !

I’m facing difficulties with my submenu. Actually, I’m developping a website focused on travel. So I need to list the different places in the world.
    So i have parent categories such as Europe, and a lot of child categories linked to Europe (for example). But when I place my mouse over the category link “Europe”, i can’t see all the subcategories (which are all the countries of Europe).
    I’d like to be able to see all of them. How can I do that ? Or better, how can i Split them in two columns ?

Here is the link of my website (look at “Europe” on the right in the nav bar):
    http://unjourjirai.fr/

Thank you so much !

Christian

Hey there,

Please add the code in your Appearance > Customize > Custom > CSS.

.masthead-inline .x-navbar.x-navbar-fixed-right .desktop .sub-menu {
      column-count: 4;
      -moz-column-count: 4;
      -webkit-column-count: 4;
    }

Support for column-count property is from IE10 upwards only however. If you need support for IE9, you will need other solutions that would fall beyond the scope of our support. You might want to contact our trusted partners who caters X setup and customization needs. Please see https://theme.co/x/member/custom-development/.

Hope that helps. πŸ™‚

unjourjirai
    Participant

Thank you so much for your reply ! It perfectly works ! πŸ™‚

Could you also possibly help me with this question (I know that it’s not entirely a question related to the Xtheme I use but anyway, maybe you will be able to help me) :
    I’d like to display a dropdown list, actually two dropdown lists in the menu : one for the parent categories, and one for the child categories.
    For example, first list :
    -Europe
    -South America
    -North America
    -Africa

If I select Europe, the second list will display only countries of Europe, and on click it will launch the corresponding category page. (let’s say for example France).

Do you have any suggestion ? πŸ™‚

Rue Nel

Hello There,

To do so, go to Appearance > Menus in the WordPress admin panel. Once you are on this page, look for the screen options and toggle this button. Check ‘categories’ so that all your categories will be available for you to add as a menu item. Once the categories is already displaying, you can start dragging the categories and adding it as your menu items. You can shuffle them, drag around as a parent or sub category of a menu item.

Please check the screenshot http://prntscr.com/6ohpr1 so that you will have the idea of what the menu management page looks like in your WordPress dashboard.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

unjourjirai
    Participant

Thank you for your reply. I think i was not clear in my precedent post, but I think you can’t give me a support on that question as it does not depend on the theme but on HTML,PHP and AJAX code..

I’d like to create a first list with my different categories, and if i select one of the categories, the second list will show only the child categories corresponding to the parent carategory selected in the first list ^^

Quite difficult to explain with my english ^^
    But thank you anyway πŸ™‚

Rue Nel

Hello There,

What you are trying to accomplish requires a template customization, we would like to suggest that you use a child theme. This allows you to make code changes that won’t be overwritten when an X update is released. After your child theme is setup, please review how we recommend making template changes in Customization Best Practices.

Further customizations from here would be getting into custom development, which is outside the scope of support we can offer. If you need more in depth changes, you may wish to consult with a developer. X is quite extensible with child themes, so there are plenty of possibilities.

For more assistance, you might want to contact our trusted partners who caters X setup and customization needs. Please see Our Trusted Customization Partners.

Thanks for understanding.

unjourjirai
    Participant

Thank you for your answer !

I finally succeed to develop my linked lists. I’d like to put it in the navbar. Which file do I have to edit ?

Thanks. πŸ™‚

unjourjirai
    Participant

It’s okay I’ve found how to edit the navbar.

However, I’d like to edit categories content ! They display last posts of categories, I’d like to change that and do something more professional ! Which file do I have to edit ?

Thanks πŸ™‚

Zeshan

Hi there,

For that, you’ll need to edit the file wp-content/themes/x/framework/views/renew/wp-index.php. You can simply copy it in your child theme’s folder /framework/views/renew/. In order to change the order, you’ll need to use wordpress Conditional Tags. This will require custom development, while that is outside the scope of support, I could point you in the right direction with the understanding that it would ultimately be your responsibility to take it from here.

You can use following code to change the order of your posts in all of the categories:

<?php if (is_category()): ?>
      <?php query_posts($query_string . '&orderby=title&order=DECS'); ?>
    <?php endif; ?>

Change orderby and order attributes to your desired value. Review this to see all available options: http://codex.wordpress.org/Class_Reference/WP_Query#Order_.26_Orderby_Parameters

Hope this helps. πŸ™‚

Thank you.

unjourjirai
    Participant

Thanks for your reply.

I don’t want to change the order of the articles, but just want to custom my category pages, like I do with visual composer on the Home page ^^

http://unjourjirai.fr/category/amerique-du-nord/

Actually, category pages only show articles (see the link), i would like to be able to add texts, to add html code etc…
    Does editing wp-index.php will change my category pages ? Will it also affect other pages ?

Thanks πŸ™‚

Zeshan

Hi there,

Thanks for the clarification!

We’d love to help you with that as well but it will fall outside the scope of support we can provide you. In the meantime, you could try following this thread: https://theme.co/x/member/forums/topic/archive-integrity-page-customize/#post-233376

Thanks for understanding.

unjourjirai
    Participant

Thanks for the reply !

I totally understand your answer, and I thank you for your great support !
    I have another question, I’m trying to remove the sidebar from the category page. So in wp-index.php, i’ve found the php code “get-sidebar”. I removed it. So the sidebar doesn’t appear but a blank space is still here !
    How can i remove it ? πŸ™‚

See this link : http://unjourjirai.fr/category/amerique-du-nord/

Here is the code of wp-index.php :

<?php

// =============================================================================
    // VIEWS/RENEW/WP-INDEX.PHP
    // -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    // Index page output for Renew.
    // =============================================================================

?>

<?php get_header(); ?>

<div class="x-container max width offset">
        <div class="<?php x_main_content_class(); ?>" role="main">

<?php x_get_view( 'global', '_index' ); ?>

</div>

</div>

<?php get_footer(); ?>

Thanks !:)

Thai

Hi There,
    Try adding following CSS under Appearance > Customize > Custom > CSS: