Navigation
This is archived content. Visit our new forum.
  • Author

Michael N
    Participant

Hi
    I am always receiving the error “unexpected token <” and the mail will not be delivered.
    Is there a soultion?
    Thx
    Michael

Kory
    Keymaster

Hey Michael,

Thanks for writing in! I would try checking with your hosting provider on this particular issue as it sounds like something related to your setup is causing this. Typically, this is due server configuration problems (i.e. underpowered, traceroute issues, packet loss, permissions errors, MX records not setup correctly, et cetera). Additionally, your host will be able to diagnose things much better due to the fact that they have a more complete view of your account and can work behind the scenes with you. If the problem you are experiencing persists after working with your host, don’t hesitate to let us know and we will be happy to assist you. Any relevant information that you can share with us from your host is also greatly appreciated as it will help us to better ascertain the source of the problem.

Thanks!

William G
    Participant

Having the same problem!

Rad

Hi there,

We can’t help you solving hosts problem, all we can give is any hint if available.

You could post whatever findings you have, but we can’t offer a full support on it.

Thank you.

Michael Bourne
    Participant

Bumping this to see if anyone else has figured out the issue here. I’m having the same one. Server is set up fine, mail is sent, but the error still appears. The plugin developer told me it was a javascript conflict with the theme or another plugin. So far havent been able to narrow it down.

Rue Nel

Hey There,

Thanks for updating this thread! To assist you with this issue, we’ll first need you to provide us with your URL. This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation. Once you have provided us with your URL, we will be happy to assist you with everything.

Thank you.

lausley
    Participant

Same problem here. Email sends the form fine, but there is never any confirmation to the user that the form results were sent, with the spinning arrow still showing beside the send button and the “unexpected token” error appearing below the “send” button.

http://trianglekayak.com/?page_id=2

I’ll follow the thread to see if anyone finds a fix. Thanks.

Rad

Hi Lausly,

It’s caused by your caching plugin. Here is a console log,

{"mailSent":true,"into":"#wpcf7-f2751-p2-o1","captcha":null,"message":"Your message was sent successfully. Thanks.","onSubmit":["if (typeof Recaptcha != \"undefined\") { Recaptcha.reload(); }"],"quiz":{"quiz-408":["13+3=?","f3a47f50bdbaa2887a9186172df4645e"]}}<!-- WP Super Cache is installed but broken. The constant WPCACHEHOME must be set in the file wp-config.php and point at the WP Super Cache plugin directory. -->

This caching message shouldn’t be included on JSON data, the causes the json data unreadable.

<!-- WP Super Cache is installed but broken. The constant WPCACHEHOME must be set in the file wp-config.php and point at the WP Super Cache plugin directory. -->

Please try disabling your caching.

Hope this helps.

lausley
    Participant

Spot on! Thanks. Even though I didn’t even still have the plugin loaded, it had left some cruft in wp-config.php and some config files that needed to be deleted. I took those out as described in reinstalling the plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-super-cache/installation/) and the confirmation now works perfectly. Hope this helps someone else too.

Friech

We’re delighted to assist you with this. Glad you sorted things out.

Cheers!