Navigation
This is archived content. Visit our new forum.
  • Author

Gugulethu
    Participant

Hi, I’d like to change the text on the search results page that returns no results. Right now it says:

Nothing to Show Right Now

It appears whatever you were looking for is no longer here or perhaps wasn’t here to begin with. You might want to try starting over from the homepage to see if you can find what you’re after from there.

I’d like to put something more interesting here than that. Maybe even a Recent Posts widget to keep visitors circulating. Otherwise they leave after a very boring page.

Thanks

Christopher

Hi there,

Copy _content-none.php file from <strong >x -> framework -> views -> global and put it in the same path inside child theme.
    Open it and make changes.
    The original code should looks like this :

<?php

// =============================================================================
    // VIEWS/GLOBAL/_CONTENT-NONE.PHP
    // -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    // Output when no posts or pages are available.
    // =============================================================================

?>

<article id="post-0" class="post-0 post type-post status-publish hentry">
      <div class="entry-wrap">
        <header class="entry-header">
          <h1 class="entry-title"><?php _e( 'Nothing to Show Right Now', '__x__' ); ?></h1>
        </header>
        <div class="entry-content">
          <p><?php _e( "It appears whatever you were looking for is no longer here or perhaps wasn't here to begin with. You might want to try starting over from the homepage to see if you can find what you're after from there.", '__x__' ); ?></p>
        </div>
      </div>
    </article> <!-- end #post-0 -->

Thank you.

Gugulethu
    Participant

Thank you, that works perfectly.

Christian

You’re welcome. Glad we could help.

Gugulethu
    Participant

Hi, is this advice still current on X4. My install has reverted back to the default 404 page, even though this has been done.

Thanks

Gugulethu
    Participant

Don’t worry. I forgot to re-activate the child theme. Thanks

Rad

Is it fixed? Let us know if you still have that issue. Thanks!

Gugulethu
    Participant

Yes, it is fixed. I just neglected to reactivate the child theme after updating.

Thanks so much

Christian

You’re welcome. Glad we could help. 🙂