Navigation
This is archived content. Visit our new forum.
  • Author

Morr M
    Participant

Hello!
    I want to add a banner above the fold on my blog page (I’m using Integrity).
    So I want the banner be be below the nav bar and above the blog content.

Is there a way to do that?

Thanks!

Christian

Hey Morr,

Please create a page and set it as your Posts Page in Settings > Reading. Then, use Revolution Slider as your banner and in the blog page, set your banner / slider below the masthead (see http://prntscr.com/44qns4).

Thanks.

Morr M
    Participant

Hey!

The thing is I’m using adsense, so it’s code and not an actual image.. any solution for that?

Mrinal

Hi Morr,

Thanks for writing in!

To do so, I’d advise that you setup a child theme. This allows you to make code changes that won’t be overwritten when an X update is released.

Now, Follow the steps described below one by one:

1) Copy this: x/framework/views/integrity/_landmark-header.php file, paste it into child theme’s path: x-child-ethos/framework/views/integrity/_landmark-header.php

2) Now, open the child theme’s file using Text Editor & find the lines

`<?php if ( is_home() && x_get_option( ‘x_integrity_blog_header_enable’ ) == 1 ) : ?>

<header class=”x-header-landmark x-container-fluid max width”>
    <h1 class=”h-landmark”><span><?php echo x_get_option( ‘x_integrity_blog_title’ ); ?></span></h1>
    <p class=”p-landmark-sub”><span><?php echo x_get_option( ‘x_integrity_blog_subtitle’ ); ?></span></p>
    </header>`

from line no. 12 to 17.

3) Now add the following codes

<?php elseif ( is_single() ) : ?>
    <your adsense codes here>

Just below them. Note: you need add your adsense html codes instead of <your adsense codes here> from above code.

4) Example Screenshot:

Quick Tip: After your child theme is setup, you can review how we recommend making template changes in Customization Best Practices. X is quite extensible with child themes, so there are plenty of possibilities.

Hope this helps, Cheers!