Zoom to top button just stopped working

For some reason my Zoom to top button just stopped working and also the menu bar on mobile stopped working as well. Any ideas as to what could be the cause and a fix? Thanks!

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in! The issue you’re having is due to the incompatible version of X with Cornerstone as you’re using an old version of X with the latest version of Cornerstone. Always make sure to use the compatible versions and update both X and Cornerstone to latest version to avoid such conflicts and potential errors. You can find the latest version numbers here: (http://theme.co/changelog/) Then you can compare them to what’s installed on your site.

If you find anything to be out of date, you can review our update guide.

Updating the theme will fix the issue, don’t forget to clear all cache (plugin, browser or CDN) before and after updating the theme.

Cheers!

how do i do this exactly? walk thru? what will happen if i dont? thx

Hi @galatia,

If you have a cache plugin there could be a purge button to clear all the cache. For your browser, go to the setting then clear the cookies and histories. or you can use incognito mode or private mode. For the CDN, contact your hosting to clear your CDN cache.

If you will not load or clear cache, it will not load the latest changes.

I still see that your X theme is not compatible with the latest cornerstone.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

I am kinda afraid to do this. So I understand I just need to do 8 things. I read update article

-. Install Cashe Plugin

(I looked in the plugin area and could not find one that was rated well or that I knew would work. Can you recommend one for me?)

-. Clear cashe with above Plugin (not sure if I do this before or after update)

-. Go to browser and clear cookies histories

(I use Waterfox and I can definitely do this but may I ask what the purpose of this is? Do I need to do this to all browsers or just the one I edit the site on? I presume this is so that I can see the changes once they are done? I am not sure what you mean by icognito mode or private mode, I know those are available in like FireFox but what is the point of that? Just to see that the changes happened? Also do I have this backwards? Should I clear cashe plugin and browsers AFTER update or before)

-. Clear the CDN cashe

(I will talk to systems person to have this done Again though after or before update?)

-. Back up site

-. Deactivate cashe plug ins (is this before or after update?)

-. Update

Now is there anything else I need to d? What if I have made subtle changes to CSS etc and minor code to make it look right. Will any of this be reverted or messed up?

Thanks in advance.

Hello There,

I have checked your site. Though you are using the latest version of Cornerstone, still you are using an older version of the theme which is not compatible. X 6.0.4 is now available in automatic updates! This release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog (http://theme.co/changelog/). Please do update to the latest version. After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Please let us know how it goes.

OK all done and thank you to everyone that helped! May I say tho that the reason I did this, or at least one of the reasons was because the Zoom to top button did not work. Well it works now but for some reason on mobile you have to click it a bunch of times for it to work. Any ideas why that is? I tried it both on Android and iOS, same thing on both. Is this a bug?

Hi galatia,

I couldn’t reproduce this issue using my mobile phone (android), the button works fine from the first touch, could you please try clearing cache from your phone browser following this guide, then recheck this issue?

Also, try reloading this demo and experience the “Go to top” behavior on your device, may I know the model and software version of your device?

Thanks.

Thank you for checking. I pulled it in a bunch of devices ipad, etc and they all have it work sometimes but other times no. Could I be so bold as to ask a couple others to check as well. No doubt it did work for our friend above but perhaps not every time? I will clear cashe on one of these devices and try that too. Thanks!

Remember also it works fine on browsers just wonky on mobile

Hi there,

I have just checked your site on mobile and the scroll to top link works fine on my end as well.

Kindly try to clear the cache on your phone’s browser or load the page in Private or Incognito mode and see if it makes any difference.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.