Youtube logo in social icons is out of date

Howdy, you are using the old YouTube logo as the social icon:

Any chance you could update that? or I can use css to replace it?

Thanks.

Hi @logoglo,

The youtube logo is the one you already showed in the screenshot at the moment in our social icons in the footer options.

If you want to change that you need to install this plugin and add the CSS code below to X > Theme Options >CSS:

.x-icon-youtube-square:before {
    content: '\f431';
    font-family: fontawesome;
}

Kindly open up new threads for additional questions as it will help us to focus on each issue and give you a better support which you deserve. Having a long thread makes the maintaining job harder and also it will be harder for the other customers to find the correct information if they have similar issues. You are always welcomed to reply to this thread to follow up the same question.

Thank you.

Added the code, and the plugin, but it hasnt worked.

Hello There,

We are using the Youtube Square icon and most of the icons were using the square version. Do you want to change it to just the Youtube icon, if that the case, remove the code given in our previous reply because it does not work. And what you are trying to accomplish requires a template customization, we would highly to suggest that you use a child theme. This allows you to make code changes that won’t be overwritten when an X update is released.

After the child theme is set up, please add the following code in your child theme’s functions.php file

// Social Output
// =============================================================================

if ( ! function_exists( 'x_social_global' ) ) :
  function x_social_global() {

$facebook    = x_get_option( 'x_social_facebook' );
    $twitter     = x_get_option( 'x_social_twitter' );
    $google_plus = x_get_option( 'x_social_googleplus' );
    $linkedin    = x_get_option( 'x_social_linkedin' );
    $xing        = x_get_option( 'x_social_xing' );
    $foursquare  = x_get_option( 'x_social_foursquare' );
    $youtube     = x_get_option( 'x_social_youtube' );
    $vimeo       = x_get_option( 'x_social_vimeo' );
    $instagram   = x_get_option( 'x_social_instagram' );
    $pinterest   = x_get_option( 'x_social_pinterest' );
    $dribbble    = x_get_option( 'x_social_dribbble' );
    $flickr      = x_get_option( 'x_social_flickr' );
    $github      = x_get_option( 'x_social_github' );
    $behance     = x_get_option( 'x_social_behance' );
    $tumblr      = x_get_option( 'x_social_tumblr' );
    $whatsapp    = x_get_option( 'x_social_whatsapp' );
    $soundcloud  = x_get_option( 'x_social_soundcloud' );
    $rss         = x_get_option( 'x_social_rss' );

$output = '<div class="x-social-global">';

if ( $facebook )    : $output .= '<a href="' . $facebook    . '" class="facebook" title="Facebook" target="_blank"><i class="x-icon-facebook-square" data-x-icon="&#xf082;" aria-hidden="true"></i></a>'; endif;
      if ( $twitter )     : $output .= '<a href="' . $twitter     . '" class="twitter" title="Twitter" target="_blank"><i class="x-icon-twitter-square" data-x-icon="&#xf081;" aria-hidden="true"></i></a>'; endif;
      if ( $google_plus ) : $output .= '<a href="' . $google_plus . '" class="google-plus" title="Google+" target="_blank"><i class="x-icon-google-plus-square" data-x-icon="&#xf0d4;" aria-hidden="true"></i></a>'; endif;
      if ( $linkedin )    : $output .= '<a href="' . $linkedin    . '" class="linkedin" title="LinkedIn" target="_blank"><i class="x-icon-linkedin-square" data-x-icon="&#xf08c;" aria-hidden="true"></i></a>'; endif;
      if ( $xing )        : $output .= '<a href="' . $xing        . '" class="xing" title="XING" target="_blank"><i class="x-icon-xing-square" data-x-icon="&#xf169;" aria-hidden="true"></i></a>'; endif;
      if ( $foursquare )  : $output .= '<a href="' . $foursquare  . '" class="foursquare" title="Foursquare" target="_blank"><i class="x-icon-foursquare" data-x-icon="&#xf180;" aria-hidden="true"></i></a>'; endif;
      if ( $youtube )     : $output .= '<a href="' . $youtube     . '" class="youtube" title="YouTube" target="_blank"><i class="x-icon-youtube" data-x-icon="&#xf167;" aria-hidden="true"></i></a>'; endif;
      if ( $vimeo )       : $output .= '<a href="' . $vimeo       . '" class="vimeo" title="Vimeo" target="_blank"><i class="x-icon-vimeo-square" data-x-icon="&#xf194;" aria-hidden="true"></i></a>'; endif;
      if ( $instagram )   : $output .= '<a href="' . $instagram   . '" class="instagram" title="Instagram" target="_blank"><i class="x-icon-instagram" data-x-icon="&#xf16d;" aria-hidden="true"></i></a>'; endif;
      if ( $pinterest )   : $output .= '<a href="' . $pinterest   . '" class="pinterest" title="Pinterest" target="_blank"><i class="x-icon-pinterest-square" data-x-icon="&#xf0d3;" aria-hidden="true"></i></a>'; endif;
      if ( $dribbble )    : $output .= '<a href="' . $dribbble    . '" class="dribbble" title="Dribbble" target="_blank"><i class="x-icon-dribbble" data-x-icon="&#xf17d;" aria-hidden="true"></i></a>'; endif;
      if ( $flickr )      : $output .= '<a href="' . $flickr      . '" class="flickr" title="Flickr" target="_blank"><i class="x-icon-flickr" data-x-icon="&#xf16e;" aria-hidden="true"></i></a>'; endif;
      if ( $github )      : $output .= '<a href="' . $github      . '" class="github" title="GitHub" target="_blank"><i class="x-icon-github-square" data-x-icon="&#xf092;" aria-hidden="true"></i></a>'; endif;
      if ( $behance )     : $output .= '<a href="' . $behance     . '" class="behance" title="Behance" target="_blank"><i class="x-icon-behance-square" data-x-icon="&#xf1b5;" aria-hidden="true"></i></a>'; endif;
      if ( $tumblr )      : $output .= '<a href="' . $tumblr      . '" class="tumblr" title="Tumblr" target="_blank"><i class="x-icon-tumblr-square" data-x-icon="&#xf174;" aria-hidden="true"></i></a>'; endif;
      if ( $whatsapp )    : $output .= '<a href="' . $whatsapp    . '" class="whatsapp" title="Whatsapp" target="_blank"><i class="x-icon-whatsapp" data-x-icon="&#xf232;" aria-hidden="true"></i></a>'; endif;
      if ( $soundcloud )  : $output .= '<a href="' . $soundcloud  . '" class="soundcloud" title="SoundCloud" target="_blank"><i class="x-icon-soundcloud" data-x-icon="&#xf1be;" aria-hidden="true"></i></a>'; endif;
      if ( $rss )         : $output .= '<a href="' . $rss         . '" class="rss" title="RSS" target="_blank"><i class="x-icon-rss-square" data-x-icon="&#xf143;" aria-hidden="true"></i></a>'; endif;

$output .= '</div>';

echo $output;

}
endif;
// =============================================================================

If you want that all the icons will use the regular icons and not the square one, then you must modify the code above change the x-icon-name-square into just x-icon-name and change the ‘data-x-icon’ or the Unicode html entity value too which you can find the complete list here: https://fontawesome.bootstrapcheatsheets.com/#themeco

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

1 Like

That worked, thanks!

You’re welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.