Youtube is still a banner

Hi there,
Didn’t have time to work on it since december.
I posted this:

I still have the problem and nothing you asked me to do work.Youtubu still displays the size of a small banner.

Can you help?

Thanks.

I also have a new problem: my featured images don’t show up any longer on the article main page. Waht happened?
Maybe I should update X when everything works fine…

Thank you

Hello Yannick,

Thanks for posting in!

Your featured image is not displaying because of CDN. You have installed Jetpack plugin and in your Jetpack settings, the site accelerator is enabled. Please disable it so that the images will be displayed correctly and not the cached version images.

For your Youtube, I am not why it is not working in your end. I have tested adding https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLcPomxl900 in my local testing server and the video displays perfectly.

By the way, I noticed that Cornerstone is not installed or active. Please go to X > Validation wait for a few seconds so that Cornerstone will be automatically installed. Go to your plugins section and activate it. If nothing is working, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look? To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you.

Hi there,

i tried to disable jetpack optimization site acceleration CDN and nothing happened.

I’ll give you the credentials in a secure note. I’ve put the site in English so you are not lost :slight_smile:

Hi Yannick,

There is something wrong on your Cornerstone, let’s resolve that first to make sure the YouTube video issue is not an effect of Cornerstone absence.

I attempt to install Cornerstone both automatically and manually and both have field, here’s the error.

Destination folder already exists. /public_html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/

To resolve this, please navigate to your Server via FTP or cPanel’s File Manager, then navigate to /public_html/wp-content/plugins/ and locate the cornerstone folder and delete it.

After deleting that folder, navigate to admin Dashboard > X, wait for a few seconds and X should automatically install the Cornerstone, if this fail.

Let’s install the Cornerstone manually, a fresh copy of X here, extract the cornerstone.zip, you can see that under X > Framework folder, upload that cornerstone.zip file like how you manually install a plugin.

How to Install WordPress Plugins Tutorial

Remember to clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Hi there!

I reinstalled Cornerstone. The featured image is back in the article. But the problem with YouTube as a banner is still there.

Hi,

To fix the youtube issue, add the code below in Theme Options > CSS

.entry-content iframe {
    width:auto;
}

Then make sure to add embed code instead of just youtube link.

1. Click on the Share icon in youtube to expand the share options.

1. Click on Embed.

1. Copy this code to embed the video into your content in text tab

Hope that helps

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.