Your theme (X) contains outdated copies of some WooCommerce template files

Hi all,
Really hoping someone can help me with this one. I’ve been getting this message on both of my wordpress sites running X. Last night we had a heavy traffic event where the site crashed over and over and the hosting service said it was due to the set up of our site (it’s X theme with Woocommerce and that’s about it). All plugins and X theme is up to date. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Hello Matt,

Thanks for writing in!

Usually Outdated copies of WooCommerce files message will show up when you are not using the supported version of WooCommerce. As of today supported version of WooCommerce is 3.6.2. Please downgrade to WooCommerce 3.6.2 by deleting current version of WooCommerce from Plugins > Installed Plugins, doing so won’t have any effect of the products that you have on the website as they are saved in database. After that use following resource to download supported version of WooCommerce and install from Plugins > Add New.

You can use following resource to download the supported package of WooCommerce:

Thanks.

Thanks for your help Prasant however the link you gave me only has a ‘download the latest version’ at the bottom. Any idea where else I could find the 3.6.2 version?

Hey @mattkrum,

I checked Prasant’s link and I don’t see “download the latest version” link like you’ve described. You need to download the source zip file and you’ll get the woocommerce-3.6.2.zip.

I have tested the latest version of X and latest version of WooCommerce though and I didn’t get the outdated templates notice. If you’re using a child theme, it could be coming from a WC template file in your child theme.

Thanks.

This discussion prompts the question: “If only WooCommerce 3.6.2 is supported, why when I load WooCommerce from the Pro plugins page/menu do I get v3.6.5?”

Shouldn’t my X/Pro themes include ONLY the supported versions of plugins? That’s kind of the point of purchasing an all-in-one theme, isn’t it?

I guess I’m kind of annoyed that I have to search for a downgraded version to replace the one provided by Pro.

Or am I wrong? It wouldn’t be the first time…

Hello @sigmadog,

When you install a plugin from the WordPress plugin repository, you will be installing the latest version of the plugin. If you have installed the the plugin from the X/Pro > Validation > Approved plugins, you will still get the latest version (e.g. Woo 3.6.5) because it will download from the WordPress plugin repository.

Depending on the X theme or Pro theme version, the version will only fully support the Woo plugin version because that is the plugin version that has been tested and made sure that is supported wen the X theme/ Pro theme was release. Any plugin updates that has been released after the theme version release is considered not fully supported because it has not been tested for compatibility and conflicts.

Anyways, a new version of X theme/ Pro theme is underway which will resolve the issue with WooCommerce 3.6.x.

Hope this explains it briefly.

Okay. That explains it nicely. Thanks!

You are most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.