Your theme (Pro – Child Theme) contains outdated copies of some WooCommerce template files

I’ve the version 2.3.6 of Pro installed. I’ve just updated Woocommerce to 3.5.0

I’ve got the following message after updating Woocommerce:

Your theme (Pro – Child Theme) contains outdated copies of some WooCommerce template files. These files may need updating to ensure they are compatible with the current version of WooCommerce. Suggestions to fix this:

Update your theme to the latest version. If no update is available contact your theme author asking about compatibility with the current WooCommerce version.
If you copied over a template file to change something, then you will need to copy the new version of the template and apply your changes again.

Should I downgrade Woocommerce or the website won’t run well?

Thanks

Carlos

Hello Carlos,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

As of today the supported version of WooCommerce is 3.4.5. As you have updated to version 3.5.0, I suggest you to downgrade to version 3.4.5 to avoid any compatibility issues.

You can download version 3.4.5 from following source:

Thanks.

Hello X,

I have the same issue, thanks for the advice on how to fix - I’m still needing some guidance on how to do this.

I have opened the link and can see where to download version 3.4.5 however I don’t know how to do the downgrade step - is it through the wordpress dashboard (and if so where), or do I need to go into the backend of my website? The easiest way would be best, thanks :slight_smile:

Ilka.

Hey Ilka,

You can follow the WooCommerce downgrade steps listed if you visit the link below:

Thanks.

Hi @christian_y,

I’ve been following this thread because I have the same issue. However, as of a couple of hours ago, I am getting the same message after I downgraded to the 3.4.5 WooCommerce version.

“Your theme (Pro – Child Theme) contains outdated copies of some WooCommerce template files.”

Do you know if or when the theme is going to be updated to support the latest vesion of WooCommerce?

Thanks,
Nicole

Hello Nicole,

I am another staff checking in. I have updated my local testing server to X theme 6.3.8 with WooCommerce 3.5.0. I can confirm that there are 4 files in the theme that are outdated. This should not do anything major issues in your site. In most case, it is only because of the recent version number changes in those files. Our developers are already aware of this and will be rolling out another release update anytime soon.

You might always want to check this out if you want to figure out how to get rid of this error message.
Please check this out: https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/fix-outdated-templates-woocommerce/

Hope this helps. Thank you for your understanding.

What is the timeline for updating Pro to support WooCommerce 3.5?

Hi Joseph,

It will be in our next cycle. We don’t provide any ETAs on these releases. As Runel mentioned, you shouldn’t have any issues as the changes are minor. If you run into any problems aside from the file notifications feel free to open a support ticket describing the issue and we’d be happy to assist you there.

Thanks :slight_smile: Appreciate the help/link :slight_smile:

We are delighted to assist you with this. If you have followed up question please write it on a new thread as this one is getting long and hard to support.

How To Get Support

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.