Yoast SEO Premium Conflict With X and Pro

Hello Abd Ur Rehman,

Thanks for updating the thread.

You can edit the page using Content Builder. All that needs to be done is under Pages > All Pages hover on the page item and click on Edit with Pro link.

Thanks.

Yeah, but it’s same still I’ll need the Classic Editor for the posts to create and update SEO from that. This has to be fixed asap. Thanks

Hi Abd Ur Rehman,

Sorry for the confusion, yes we can confirm this bug, for now please deactivate the Classic Editor if you need to check the Yoast SEO analyzer.

You can check our Changelog page when we release a new update to see if a fix for this bug is included.

Thank you for understanding and Happy Holidays,

Hi guys,

I’d like to note that this error exists even without Classic Editor plugin installed.

And yes, this is a pretty darn big issue for anyone who wants their content to be optimized for search engines - so, most people. Hard to imagine how that one escaped testers before release.

Hey Boris,

This only happens with the Classic Editor enabled on my end. This means there’s another plugin conflicting on your end.

Please try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

You can then report what the conflicting plugin is so we could test and add to our issue tracker if it’s proven to be a bug.

Thanks.

Hi Christian

My solution was to downgrade to Theme X 6.4.4 and Cornerstone 3.4.4 from 3.4.5 and now Yoast works just fine again.
I suppose I wont update again until ich see a fix for this particular issue in the changelog and then see what happens.

I see. Thanks for your feedback and yes, please check our changelog if this issue is resolved.

Hi X-Theme, I’m experiencing the SEO Yoast plug-in compatibility problem from the latest X-Pro Upgrade. When I try to edit a product—my regular Yoast SEO [not Premium] keeps getting a spinning buffering circular-arrow on the SEO FOCUS KEYWORD. After a few seconds the section disappears. I usually can fix these ubiquitous never-ending update problems, but this one is a bugger. How do I un-update or down-grade to 2.4.4? Please explain thoroughly. I use Pro Version 2.4.5 and SEO Yoast 9.3 and prefer to keep the SEO plugin enabled.

Hello Joel,

Thanks for updating this thread. You can only downgrade if you have a copy of Pro 2.4.4. I would suggest that you use the previous stable version (stability release) which you can download from your dashboard, https://theme.co/apex/dashboard.

To do the downgrade, just do i like doing a manual updates. Please see “Manual Updates” section from this knowledge base article: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62

Hope this helps.

What version of Pro works fine with it? From where I can download previous versions?

@abdurrehman, 2.4.5 DOESN’T WORK with SEO Yoast! 2.4.4 worked fine until I made the recommended update to my Wordpress site today. SMH!!!

@RueNel, Is this—below in highlited text—the instructions for DOWN-GRADING back to 2.4.4? I’m very afraid to delete X. I have worked unbelieveably hard on this site and would likely never use an X product [EVER AGAIN] if I lose ALL my work. I have nearly 300 products added to this site— ALL SEO YOASTed—and would prefer absolutely nothing gets lost or erased. Where do I find Pro Version 2.4.4? I had never downloaded it or any updates to my computer. I Didn’t think something like this would ever happen. Please be very specific!!!

Temporarily switch to one of the WordPress default themes.
Delete X. Your settings and content will be safe, since they are stored in the database, not the theme files.
Use Add New, then Upload Theme to reinstall X from the x.zip file.

Thank you for your time!

Hi Joel,

You can follow the same method here for downgrading the theme (find Manual X Update Via FTP in that link), but instead of uploading the new version you upload the previous one.

Then navigate to Plugins dashboard, deactivate and delete the Cornerstone. Navigate to X > Validation, wait for a few seconds and X will reinstall a compatible version of Cornerstone.

We kindly ask if you have a follow up question, please write it on a new thread as this one is getting longer and harder to follow.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Is there a fix being worked on for this issue? This is crazy! I’m really starting to think that I made a mistake going with X.

Hi Kevin,

Sorry that you’re having that issue, do you have a Classic Editor plugin? for now please deactivate those type of plugin if you need to check the Yoast SEO analyzer.

Or downgrade to the previous version of X, you can follow the instruction on my previous post.

You can check our Changelog page when we release a new update to see if a fix for this bug is included.

Thank you for understanding,

Thanks for your reply.

Why nobody replied from the staff, are you guys ignoring it? @kyle @Themeco :point_down:

Hi @abdurrehman,

I’m sorry we missed your comment. We did overlook it but we were not intentionally ignoring you. From your dashboard you can download the last point release of the previous cycle but we don’t provide download links for every version.

This issue has been corrected for the next release. It won’t be going out today but I’ll upload a build for you where it has been fixed. If you manually update to this patched version you’ll be able to safely automatically update to the official release when it’s made available.

Ok.Thanks a lot! :thumbsup:

You’re welcome, Abd Ur Rehman.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.