Yoast SEO causing Cornerstone error: Preview HTML Does Not Include a Closing Tag

Hi,
as described in the title, I have to deactivate Yoast SEO Plugin to make changes with Cornerstone. Otherwise the error appears. Is there a solution for that?
Thanks in advance.

Hi @cndrk,

Thanks for reaching out.

It means the served HTML content is malformed, it can be caused by a cache plugin too like from here https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/w3-total-cache-conflict/17745

Though, I’m not sure how Yoast SEO is affecting the HTML content, would you mind providing your admin login credentials in a secure note? I like to check it first.

Thanks!

Sorry for my late reply.
I am using wp-rocket for caching. Deactivating it and deleting cache doesnt solve the problem.
Please use this information to login.

Hi There,

Upon checking your website, I could see that you have 20 active plugins.

1. Please test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

2. Turn off all caching plugins to see if this issue still persists or NOT.

Let us know how it goes!

Well I’ve already tried your suggestions before. But I did it again now. Deactivated my Plugins one by one, with and without my caching plugin active. The preview only loads, when I deactivate Yoast SEO, otherwise I keep getting this error.
Do you have any other idea?
---- Sorry I was late and topic was already closed. So I’m editing this one ----
Well this is a really strange issue. I am managing many client websites and as soon as I update Yoast and X Theme to the latest, I get this problem.
I also started a new project yesterday with a fresh installation. As soon as I installed / activated Yoast SEO, Cornerstone started showing me the same error. There is no other plugin installed nor activated on this installation. Only X theme, Cornerstone and Yoast SEO.

Hi cndrk,

I wondered if there is a conflict with the Yoast version 8.2 with the theme, that is why I installed the plugin on my installation with the X theme version 6.2.5 and there was no problem like the one which is happening on your website.

I repeated the test above for 2 other installations and it worked with no problem. This shows the problem is unique for your environment and another reason other than the Yoast is triggered while the Yoast is activated and cause the problem.

I suggest that you move your website temporarily to a staging server and test the case, by doing so you will turn off the CloudFlare and the cache plugin as the main reason such problems happen is the cache systems.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.