Yoast Blocking Custom CSS Saves (Pro)

Hey team :slight_smile: Seems I’ve found a plugin compatibility issue with Yoast. With Yoast activated and editing pages using the Content Editor (Cornerstone):

1. Any changes made to custom CSS are not shown live
  2. I save the page, preview it, but the CSS changes are not saved
  3. Refresh the Content Editor, and find the CSS changes were not saved. It reverts back to the original.

With Yoast deactivated, this issue disappears.
Running latest version of everything - WP 4.9, Pro 1.2.7, Yoast 5.8. No caching plugins.

@michaelbourne has confirmed he has the same issue ([see this post in X Theme Users Group,
stating that “Theme Options CSS still works, custom page CSS does not.”(https://www.facebook.com/groups/xthemeusers/permalink/908266432683098/) .

Hi,

Thanks for writing in!

I tried in my test site with the same versions WP 4.9, Pro 1.2.7, Yoast 5.8
but could not replicate the issue. It’s working fine on my end.

Would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:

Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials

All the best!

Thanks for the quick response @paul.r <3

I’ll attach the details to a secure note on this reply.

We’ll wait for that information.

Thanks

1 Like

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! I have logged in and I have replicated the issue in your site. It is indeed not saving anything is Yoast SEO plugin is active. I’ve submitted this to our issue tracker so the developers will be made aware of it.

Thank you for your understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.