Yet again.....SNIPPET!

Snippet update from 2 to 2.1 has issues, the same with the previous version of snippet to version, attached you will server login details, and password. THEMECO/APEX, can you please get things right, first time, this is beyond a joke.

Hi,

Please update your site via FTP and delete the snippets folder from wp-content/plugins

Go back to your dashboard and install it again,.

Hope it helps!

When I said, “THEMECO/APEX, can you please get things right, first time, this is beyond a joke.” - Well, following your revered instructions, there is now NO SNIPPET! Tell me, do you guys at APEX/THEMECO actually know how to build a stable installation delivery, or do you just play at it. After following you superb advice, the Snippet plugin, DOESN’T APPEAR ANYWHERE now, what I did get was a lovely message saying the Snippet plugin had been removed due to missing .PHP files, truly, one marvels at the level of sheer incompetence the roll out of PRO has caused hundreds, if not your entire customer BASE. Now, I solved my last issue with pro without any support from you guys, you gave specific instructions, followed to the damn letter, FIX THIS, or I will expose this level of lack of support, training, and bloody awful product delivery. And I have the proof, to back up my claims. I’m sick of this, sick sick sick sick. Please, make sure in the next three hours, you fix this, otherwise, I will make a complaint to every technical Journal and Publication on behalf of your entire client base. Tick Tock, the clock starts NOW.

Your an hour late. Is this really the best X PRO can do? The lot of you take our money and screw us, so, here’s to someone (and I know several willing hackers that will reverse engineer your software, and I I’ll distribute X PRO for free, users not needing EVER a license. DONE with your “Technical Support”, - and I’ll have them do it to every version of X PRO in the future. Start preparing to lose sooooo much money.

Your a disgrace APEX, and the lot of you, want locking away forever. :rage:

If you look under just the general wordpress settings “Snippet” is now down there and not with the other Theme co plugins. According to support this was intentional? Not sure but it is there.

i don’t know what happened but themeco has severely downgraded in quality. support, software - everything. you would think with $5+ million they would be investing in SAVING their company but instead they are ruining everything slowly but surely. this whole ‘pro’ thing and their bad updates that are not ready for release have practically ruined everything about x and about themeco.

@webmaster1973, there was an issue with the Snippet zip file this resulted in the incorrect version being installed when you upgraded, effectively always showing 2.0.0 and an upgrade to 2.0.1.

As soon as we became aware of the issue from multiple people posting we investigated the issue and have patched it. With the correct zip file now being available via the automatic updates system.

Unfortunately in this world nothing is perfect and everyone can make mistakes. As can we. All we ask is that questions, issues and comments are posted in a respectable and well mannered calm tone, done constructively to allow our team to investigate. Ranting walls of text don’t help anyone and our support team can only pass the issues onto our developers they can’t fix something like an incorrect zip file.

We are always happy to provide support, but please familiarize yourself with the community guidelines in the right hand sidebar (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/community-guidelines/5) if you wish to continue using the forums.

Thank you.

1 Like

@Jack - see @quiphics response - it’s not just myself, but huge amounts of users. All we ask so we can deliver our websites to our clients is a faultless installation, it’s not much to ask for. And ranting seems to be the only way to get your attention. If that offends, pay attention to the hundreds and hundreds of complaints in your forum, WE KNOW mistakes happen, but they happen far to consistently with the release of X PRO. All users want, is what you promise, not your excuses. Thank you for fixing the snippets on my site, but the fact remains, if your going to work with third party developers - you need to emphasise THEY get it right, or replace them. I’m fully aware of the support guidelines, but they don’t help, when you say “ftp and delete” wiping the plugin from existence. It’s bad practice, if I delivered websites under a promise they are delivered under that promise, your delivery system should match. I believe I have made my very valid point.

Webmaster 1973.

Thank you for your feedback. Yes, removing / re-installing a plugin or anything in your live site is bad practice. That is why you need a staging site to test anything including updates and that is a good practice in web development not just in WordPress especially if you’re an agency delivering websites for clients. I understand your point but please also learn best practices in running and maintaining WordPress sites.

We recognize our mistakes both in support and products. Our products go through a series of testing before releasing. Regretfully, not all bugs will be discovered in the testing phase. Maybe it can. But, it must go to a lot of cycles of testing and users will have to wait for a long time. We’re talking months or years for a release. Some users are eager to test features out. They test in a staging site and if everything works, they push live. If there’s a bug, we report, our developers go through it and release a fix and users updates the plugin. Sometimes though, a plugin might need re-installation by deleting it through WP admin or FTP.

Not everything in WordPress is perfect including themes and plugins. The most important thing is there are people actively working to make it so. Even cars from reputable brands sometimes gets recalled. That is why having a staging site is essential in your workflow.

1 Like