Xtheme editing and saving is extremely slow (uh oh content failed to save) - please help

Hi Support,

Please help - xtheme has been editing and saving extreme slow for months now, with 95% of the time it doesn’t save at all, and I get the “uh oh content failed to save” message.

I have recently tried to update wp, mamp, and anything else I could, including moving from firefox to chrome, still nothing.

Please advice. Much appreciated.

Thanks

Hello @IMShogun,

Thanks for asking.

Please do the following general solutions because it needs to be done by you.

1. Please make sure that you are running PHP 7 or later on the server as running old version of PHP can have potential issues. You can refer following document for server requirement https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/1

2. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

3. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

4. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

5. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

6. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

7. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

If nothing helps, and website is online please give us WP Admin and FTP access in a Secure Note.

Thanks.

Hi Prasant,

Thank you for the quick response. Can I please just give you my wp admin and ftp access and have you take a quick look? My knowledge is extremely limited, and I really need the help.

I tried updating the theme to 5.2.5 but unsure if I did it correctly
I cleared caches ( best of my ability)
I normally use firefox and switched to chrome to see if that would help, but nothing
I only have 2 to 3 plugins installed
and I updated mamp recently to see if that helped, but it didnt

I would really prefer to have someone take a look. It could really just be a update I missed, or did not know how to properly finish installing…

Thank you,

IMS

Hi There,

Please provide us following details in a secure note.
Please provide following information:
Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials
    All the best!

Thanks

Hi Basanta,

How do i set this as a secure note? I saw the secure note under Prasants reply, but I did not see it under yours - in short, I have a question to ask you about the ftp pass if you are going to be the person helping me. Thank you for your help and patience, as I am brand new to this.

IMS

Hello There,

The given credentials for your site will not work because your site resides only in your computer. It is not available for the web so we cannot check it. I would recommend that you clone your site in a staging site like pantheon.io so that we can access it and you can also compare your localhost with the staging site. There should be a difference in speed and among other things.

Please use 3rd party plugin like WP Clone so that you can easily clone your site in your localhost to the pantheon.io site. Once you’ll have it set up, you can share the credentials to us we can start investigating if the issue still exist in the staging site.

Please let us know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.