XPro problem with Portfolio layout

Hi I’m having some issue with my portfolio page. I set it up with the default portfolio template but I still can’t see categories.

I’ve read all the post regarding this checked all the setting and disabled all plugins.
But I’m still having this error message: “No suitable preview area found. This could happen when a third party plugin is overrinding the content area.”

I’ve also checked my CSS and I don’t see anything that might be a problem

Hi @MrK,

Thanks for reaching out.

Pages that have portfolio templates aren’t meant to be edited by any builder, nor with Wordpress editor that’s why you’re getting the error message. Portfolio template is an index page that generates the portfolio posts similar to blog home page, and it’s too isn’t editable.

May I know which category you’re referring? Or do you mean the category filters? With Pro theme and custom header, the filter should be manually added since it’s part of the masthead, and there is no masthead on a custom header. Within your Pro header and add a text element with this content [x_portfolio_filters]. It should display the filter of categories :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Thanks for your reply.
I’m referring to the portfolio page. Is not showing the filter by category option.
As usual the page is not edited and created with the Portfolio layout.

Not trying to edit this page just trying to understand why it doesn’t work.

You mean I have to add somewhere in the header this element? But is just to be displayed in the Portfolio page.

thanks

Hi @MrK,

This is because the category filter is part of the original headers which also gets overridden by the headers you create using the Pro Header Builder.

That is correct. What you can do it you can duplicate the Global Header right now then add the shortcode Rad suggested in the duplicated header. Next thing you need to do is to assign that header to the Portfolio page so that it will only be specific to that page.

Hope this helps.

I’ll try it and let you know thank you.

Sure! Feel free to let us know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.