X Validation not working "doesn't appear to be an Cornerstone purchase code or Themeco license"

I’ve had this license applied to the domain for over 6 months, but now it says I need to input my license code again. When I click “manage licenses” and copy and paste the license code into the input box, it returns an error message saying, “We’ve checked the code, but it doesn’t appear to be an Cornerstone purchase code or Themeco license. Please double check the code and try again.” I don’t understand why this is happening all of a sudden, and I double-checked the domain to make sure it was correct, but the code still isn’t accepted.

Hey Shaina,

It sounds like you haven’t updated X or X and Cornerstone versions are not compatible. Please do the following.

1. Uninstall Cornerstone and update X to the latest version. If you’re unable to update X automatically, please do so manually. Manual update instruction can be found at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62
  2. Now that X is updated, install Cornerstone again by going to X > Validation and X will install Cornerstone automatically for you. Next, go to the WP Admin > Plugins and activate Cornerstone.

If that does not help, please post the license code you’re referring to in a Secure Note and the domain you assigned. If you’re site’s in under construction mode, please give us WordPress Admin access.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.