X update behaving oddly - affecting formatting & x overview dashboard

Hi Guys :slight_smile:

Got a tricky one for you. I just went to update x to the latest version and noticed in testing the formatting on the front end of the site was all out of whack.

Went back in and looked at the dashboard > X > Overview and this too is behaving oddly and won’t allow me to select any of the plugins within the x suite ref screenshot:

This is the only one of my sites experiencing this issue.

As always, thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers,

Claire

Hi There,

Upon checking your website, I could see that you’ve updated the Cornerstone plugin to the latest version but NOT updated the X theme yet.

Please update your X theme to the latest version as well.

For the update guide, please take a look at this:

For the changelog: https://theme.co/changelog/

Let us know how it goes!

Hi again, Yes I was unable to update to the latest version as it sent the formatting crazy. I needed to be reverted to the old version.

I downloaded the latest version of x directly from Apex and themeforest and tried both to negate any corrupt file issues.

In both instances the same problem occurred.

So just to reiterate, I cannot update to the latest version of x as this is the version causing the conflict with formatting.

Thanks again in advance for you help in resolving this.

Cheers,

Claire.

Hello Claire,

Thanks for updating in! When you update X theme to the latest version of 6.2.5, you will also need to update Cornerstone to version 3.2.5.

After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Please let us know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.