X Under Construction Issue

Hi,

We are setting up a new website and are using X ver 6.0.4 with the “Under Construction” module.

Google search console is indicating that the site is “Unreachable”. What is that?

Thanks!

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! Unreachable errors can occur from internal server errors or DNS issues. A page can also be labeled as Unreachable if the robots.txt file is blocking the crawler from visiting a page. Possible errors that fall under the unreachable heading are “No response”, “500 error”, and “DNS issue” errors.

Please read this article for more information (https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/35147).

Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, but it can’t be a DNS issue because if under construction is disabled the site appears to Google’s “fetch”. This would also indicate that robots.txt is also working properly.

Hello there,

Yes, you’re right, it might not be a DNS issue. The errors you see moreover can be related to your server configurations.

Can you share to us your Wordpress & FTP URL/User/Pass in a secure note so we can take a closer look?

Thank you.

Hi,

I sent you a secure note with info requested.

Hi there,

It seems it needs to be added to my site (ownership) to be able to use my google fetch on your site. Perhaps you can provide a video recording so we could see what happens?

Plus, it’s only normal for it not to be accessible since under construction is a protection of your site, for the purpose of making it inaccessible to visitors (robot or person).

Thanks!

Hi,

That can’t be right because anyone can see the under construction “coming soon” page when visiting the URL.

Also, how could I see that google could not fetch the page if it wasn’t in our console (ownership)?

As mentioned previously, turning the under construction off makes the website “fetachable” to google. See image attachment:

Hi there,

Yes, anyone can see the under construction page instead of your site, that’s the main purpose of under construction page. What I’m saying is, it protects your site from being publicly accessible.

I’m not sure about your second question, I’m just saying that I can’t test it since it’s not my site. And users could only test the site that they added and authorize through google. It’s not related to fetch issue, I just can’t test it on my google fetch.

And based on your screenshot, it’s only normal for it to be unreachable because of Under Construction. Google fetch is simply unable to index the pages of your site. Try logging out on your site and access some other page, it will then display the under constructions page instead of the actual page.

My question is, why would you need to activate the Under Construction page if you wish to index your site through google fetch? Under construction is another way of setting your site private, inaccessible from anyone. All SEO related optimization and indexes are all done on publicly accessible site, and Google will not find any information from under construction page.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.