X to Pro License and domain Transfer

Hello, I have a site with X (strongsmartageless.com.au) that I would like to use Pro on.

I also have a Pro license unused (upgraded from X).

The site is currently being cloned to strongsmartageless.com (from .com.au).

To get Pro on my site should I:
A.Unlock the Pro conversion license (in my Apex admin), then re-register the conversion/upgrade on the X license that is currently on the .com.au domain. Then should I just change the site licence domain to the .com domain in my Apex licence admin?

Or

B. Will my cloned site, currently with X, work with X under an X-to-Pro conversion license until I get around to the X-Pro conversion? If yes, is just adding strongsmartageless.com to my unused X-Pro upgrade license, then unlocking my X-only (.com.au) license for use on another site the easiest way to go?

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks Rob

Hi Rob,

Thank you for writing in, both methods you mentioned will work, but I suggest the B since that is easier, do exactly that and It should be fine.

And by the way, don’t call PRO as X-PRO, just call it PRO to avoid confusion.

And this link is for the users who might find this thread wanting to convert their X theme to PRO
X To Pro Conversion

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Great, thank you. And thanks for the clarity - I meant to write X-Pro when referring to an upgrade or conversion, from X to (-) Pro, but yes, error prone. Thanks again.

We are delighted to assist you with this.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.