X To Pro issues when editing

Hello,

I switched my site from X to Pro and the website appears to display and function correctly from an external perspective.

When I try to edit some of the pages in Pro, I am seeing loads of empty element containers.

Also, some elements that should be on the page are not being displayed at all.

I converted my current child theme to a new child theme as documented here:

How can I fix this?

Thanks and I look forward to your reply.

Aaron

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for reaching out.

May I know from which version of X you have upgraded it to Pro? And please provide your site’s URL and admin login credentials in a secure note. It could be column layout issue.

Thanks!

I went from X Version: 6.3.8 to Pro Version: 2.3.8

If you do need to make any changes, can you please let me know what changes you made so that I could apply them to our live site? I have yet to switch that.

Thanks and I look forward to your reply.

Aaron

Hello @aaron_softwarepromot,

Thanks for providing the information. I have logged in and carefully investigated this issue. It appears that you are using a legacy child theme. You are experiencing the issue because in the latest version the templates files were moved to a different location. To resolve this,

• the files _brand.php and _header.php should be moved from wp-content/themes/pro-child/framework/views/global/ to wp-content/themes/pro-child/framework/legacy/cranium/headers/views/global/

• the file _footer.php should be moved from wp-content/themes/pro-child/framework/views/global/ to wp-content/themes/pro-child/framework/legacy/cranium/footers/views/global/

• And lastly the file _landmark-header.php should be moved from wp-content/themes/pro-child/framework/views/renew/ to wp-content/themes/pro-child/framework/legacy/cranium/headers/views/renew/

We would loved to know if this has work for you. Thank you.

That did not work at all.

Aaron

Hello @Aaron,

Does this happens to all of your pages? Please edit in back in the editor and check your rows in the Layouts tab. You column settings may have been set up incorrectly. There is also bug in the previous release which might have been inherited when you have updated to the latest version.

You will have to edit and inspect the column set up in each of your row.

Where did these come from and how can I clean this up without having to go into each and every single page on my site?

Also, there are still some other issues besides that big one:

1. Check out the home page and the very first section named “Hero Bar”. None of the text gets displayed in the editor.

2. You had me move these files to new locations within the child theme:
    _header.php
    _footer.php

In those files, I use the following calls to pull in code from other files:

<?php x_get_view( 'global', 'head-script' ); ?>
    <?php do_action( 'x_before_site_begin' ); ?>
    <?php x_get_view( 'global', 'before-end-body-script' ); ?>

Do those calls no longer work or what should I use as an alternative?

1. What about this file? _content-404.php Where should that be placed?

Aaron

Hey Aaron,

Our developers is already looking into this columns setting bug which was introduced in the later version. You might have updated to that version prior to this later version. At the moment, the best and fastest solution is to go through each of the page and remove or correct the column settings while we are waiting for a fix from our developers.

• In your homepage hero bar, the text actually displays. It is just not visible to the eyes because the background color of the section were not applied. I just have fixed it and now the background color gets displayed.

• Yes the calls will still work.

• The file _content-404.php should be placed in wp-content/themes/pro-child/framework/views/renew/

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

Hello,

Actually, to fix the custom 404 page I had to place the _content-404.php in this folder: /wp-content/themes/my-pro-child/framework/views/global.

As for the header issue where it’s white text on a white background, what was the fix that you applied because I am seeing this issue on all pages that use that “hero bar” section.

Is there a way to use the x_get_view call to grab my custom code from the root folder of the child template instead of the global folder?

As for the columns setting bug, I am not sure I understand what you are suggesting that I do. How can I roll back to a previous version? Where would I even get that previous version. Also, do I roll back to a previous version of X or X Pro?

Hey Aaron,

Sorry for the 404 page. I am just looking at the path of the folder and not the actual location of the file in the parent theme. Yes you are right. It should be in the global folder.

• For the hero bar, I added this custom css;
.x-section.hero-bar {
  background-color: #51798d !important;
}

Instead of using x_get_view() function and load your custom scripts, you can install “Insert Headers and Footers” (https://wordpress.org/plugins/insert-headers-and-footers/) plugin where you can easily manage the custom scripts in one place. No template modification is required. Once you have installed the plugin, you can go to Settings > Insert Headers and Footers and insert all your custom scripts for the designated area of the page.

I’am afraid that you can’t revert it back because the data has been added to the database. It is best that you correct the columns manually as of this moment. A fix maybe out soon. We do not have ETA though.

Thank you for your understanding.

Another issue I spotted was with the classic custom header.

Take the /about/ page as an example. If you look at the hero bar section, you’ll see two classic custom headers.

When you view the page, those two headers display correctly as I would like.

When you edit the page, the font size for both are completely wrong.

This worked in X but now it’s not working in X Pro.

Any idea what is going on?

Hi Aaron,

Are you still referring to the staging? Is it custom header or headline? I don’t see any header in your about us page, and even on the header builder.

But I can confirm that responsive text issue within the builder is a bug, It should be fixed on next updates.

Thanks!

Yes, if you visit our staging server on the /about/ page you will see what I am talking about.

In the “Hero Bar” section, I have one row that contains two classic custom headlines stacked one on top of the other.

The top classic custom headline should be bigger than the headline that is just bellow it.

The issue is that the sizing in the editor is different than the sizing when viewing the page live.

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for confirmation and yes, it’s already added to our issue tracker. Please stay tuned for future updates and fixes.

Thanks!

Thanks.

Is there a way to use the x_get_view() call to grab my custom code from the root folder of the child template instead of the global folder?

Could you tell me how to use that function? I would like to use that instead of a new plugin.

Regretfully, no. The function’s base directory is framework/views/. You can check the full function at pro\cornerstone\includes\elements\shim.php.

Though you can apply a filter to the function to read the root child theme folder, I wouldn’t recommend using it if you’re not a developer or do not have a developer working closely with you as this would require conditional logic and it could break the theme and this is not covered in our support.

Thank you for understanding.

Okay, thank you.

You’re welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.