X to Pro Conversion issues

Hi there, I just upgraded to Pro from X. I then tried upgrading my site but something isn’t working. I tried following the instructions on oyour page (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/x-to-pro-conversion/104) but something isnt working.

Specifically i cant follow these instructions:
Upgrading to Pro from X couldn’t be simpler. Simply upload Pro either via FTP or via your wp-admin > Appearance > Themes > Install and activate. All your settings and content will be automatically migrated to Pro from X.

Since the ‘Pro’ options does not appear in my Themes section. Only ‘X’ appears. I tried adding a new theme and searching for ‘Pro’ but nothing comes up.

So then I updated my child theme’s style.css to:

/*
Theme Name: Pro – Child Theme (as your instructions state)

But an error message appeared when i tried launching the editor:

“A conflict on the front end of your site has caused it to stop loading.”

Any help is appreciated, thanks

Hi there,

Thanks for posting in.

Once you converted your X license to Pro, you can then download the Pro theme in your Apex dashboard. Once you downloaded it, you can either install it through FTP, or go to Admin > Appearance > Themes > Add New > Upload Theme and upload your download Pro theme. It’s not something you can search because it’s only available in your Apex dashboard.

Child theme will not work without its parent theme, are you sure you installed Pro?

Thanks!

Ok thanks.
I just tried to do that however, and i get this error when uploading the ZIP file:
“The uploaded file exceeds the upload_max_filesize directive in php.ini.”

Hi there,

If you have php.ini on your site, please add this line

upload_max_filesize = 64M

If it’s not working, then please add this to your site’s .htacess file

php_value upload_max_filesize 64M

Else, you will have to contact your hosting provider to configure it for you.

Then, upload your theme again.

Thanks!

Got it to work, thanks.
It seems Pro is just the same thing as X (Cornerstone as the Content Builder) but just with the newly added Header and Footer tools. Is that pretty much it? When I try to edit my page it just launches Cornerstone. It doesnt allow the full control as the header and footer elements allow.

Hi,

Yes, it is basically the same with added features like the Header and Footer Builders.

You may refer to the link below for more information

Hope that helps.