X theme won't update

Hi,

I’ve been trying to update my xtheme, but it’s not working. I’ve tried revoking the validation, but it’s not doing anything (won’t let me revoke on the site). I contacted my server to see if there was a problem on their end, also.

Please help!

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in!
Unfortunately, you have forgotten to send the User name for the login.
anyway I can see you are using an over version of theme where as the cornerstone is updated.
Please update both the trheme and cornerstone to latest version to avoid compatibility issue.

Please check for the following first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.
  2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.
  3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

In case the issue persists, would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:
Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
    All the best!

Ok, I’ve attached it below. Thank you

Hello @kenyamawusi99,

Thanks for updating the thread.

I see that you have updated Cornerstone to version 3.3.6 and using X Theme version 5.2.5. As you are using slightly old version of Theme, you might face issues while automatically updating the theme. In that regards, please try following:

1. Manual Update:

Please take a look at following article and scroll down to Manual Update section on instructions to manually update Theme:

To help you get started, you can follow below instructions also:

Manual X Update Via FTP

• Unzip x.zip on your computer.
  • Rename the x folder to x-updating.
  • Connect to your server via FTP and navigate to your /wp-content/themes/ directory.
  • Drag and drop the x-updating folder into your themes directory.
  • Upon completion, rename the previous x folder to x-previous.
  • Rename x-updating to x. Your site will now be at the latest version.
  • Delete the x-previous folder.
  • Visit the WordPress dashboard at least once to ensure any migration logic can run (this happens behind the scenes).

Please note that you will need FTP softwares like Filezilla to manually upload the files. Here’s a getting started guide that you can take a look.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.