X Theme update has removed Visual Composer elements

Hello, I recently updated one of my sites to the latest version of X Theme. I use visual composer to create the elements on page. Upon updating the site, it removed any inline styling for the content band, removed my custom headlines and essentially created them as raw html within a text element. Please help! Hopefully this can be reverted so I can find a suitable solution before I have to redo every single site I manage. The website is perfectsmilesok.com.

Hello @whistlermedia,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Please enable Legacy X Integration under WPBakery Page Builder Settings > General Settings and that should fix the issue with you are facing with Visual Composer. Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Yes! This helped. Unfortunately it didn’t revert the changes back, but I can again use the same shortcodes. To avoid having this happen with the rest of my sites, do I just need to check this option before updating to the new X Theme in order to preserve it? I’m assuming so but I’ll wait for your reply.

Edit: It looks like I don’t have the option to click the Legacy checkbox before I update. So, I’m screwed on existing elements as it turns them all to raw html before I can do anything to protect what I’ve built, but can add the same elements as before if I wanted to go back and completely rebuild each page on my 30 sites that are live…

Hey @whistlermedia,

We’re sorry that you’re facing this issue. Regretfully, the changes are necessary going forward. For more details, please read Why do my Visual Composer rows and columns look broken after this update? under the FAQ section in our latest Release Notes.

I’d recommend that you do the final changes in your pages before updating. If you’re constantly updating your pages though, regretfully, you would need to rebuild. It’s best that you save a copy of your sites locally so you can open your old pages to serve as a guide when rebuilding.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks for the reply, although unfortunate. Strangely though, I did just update a testing site to the current X Theme, but before I clicked within any page I checked off the Legacy option and saved. THEN I went to a page to edit to see what it looked like and everything looked the same, proper elements and same set up as before. I’m a happy camper now.

Hello @whistlermedia,

It good to know that everything is okay now.
If you need anything else we can help you with, don’t hesitate to open another thread.

Best Regards.

1 Like

I just wanted to comment for anyone else reading this and looking for a solution - I had the same issue as the original poster, and I followed the suggestion of enabling Legacy X Integration in settings, and this completely worked. My client’s site went back to looking perfect. One tip I will give, that maybe the original poster did not try, is that you MUST clear your browser cache after making these kinds of changes.

Cheers!

Hello Rayna,

Glad to hear that the solution has worked for you and thanks for sharing the input with the community members. :slight_smile:

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.