X Theme update breaks WordPress 4.9.8

Hello X Theme support people. One of my clients professional services websites built with the X Theme and X-Child Theme is breaking. I need your help fixing it please.

I have a staging version of the site on my Flywheel hosting account that I can set up a user to allow you to login to the staging site if necessary. I don’ know that I should post the login credentials here or not? Please advise?

When I update the staging site to the latest WordPress everything is fine… then when I update to the latest X Theme, the site breaks. There is still content showing, but images and stylings are gone!

I’m a little shocked by this! It is unacceptable to me to have your premium X Theme break WordPress. My client is considering changing themes all together.

I have restored the live website so for the moment it is still working fine… however I am unable to continue updating the site as long as this issue is not resolved. It is imperative that you get this problem resolved as soon as possible.

I await your reply, and I hope that it will come quickly and that you will provide me with precise details on why your X Theme is breaking WordPress and what needs to be done to fix it.

You have always touted how great your support is! Well now it’s time to stand behind your claims and demonstrate just how good (or not) your support is?

Please help me and respond to my support request in as timely and professional a manner as possible.

For your reference… here’s the URL to the live site that is working fine still using an older version of WordPress and the X Theme: http://merlinlocate.com/s

And here’s the URL to the private staging site and the credentials to view it that is all messed up using the latest WordPress version and the latest X Theme version that broke the site: http://staging.groovy-scarf.flywheelsites.com/

Staging site Username: flywheel
Staging site Password: lavish-slip

If you need to have admin access to the staging site I can provide it… but not sure that I should provide it here in the forum? Please let me know if you need me to provide you with admin access to the staging site and if so how you recommend I do that?

Thanks, John R. Webster, Abacus Graphics, LLC

Hi John,

Thanks for writing in! Upon checking, I see that you’re using Visual Composer on your site. Please head over to WPBakery Page Builder -> General Settings and make sure “Legacy X Integration” is enabled.

A common request we get is to not overwrite parts of the WPBakery Page Builder. We are committed to keep supporting sites from the early days of X where Visual Composer was our page builder but we’ve consolidated all that integration code under one setting. It used to be enabled by default, but you will now need to opt-in to using it.

Make sure to purge your server cache and also clear your browser cache before testing.

If you’re still having issues, please provide us with your WordPress login credentials in a secure note to investigate your issue further.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.